Microbial Physiologist Lead Scientist (Direct Hire) - RTP, NC
Kelly Scientific is currently seeking a Microbial Physiologist to lead the Microbial Physiology team and join a multi-disciplinary enterprise with one of our top biotechnology companies with an emphasis of sustainability for agricultural purposes. The prospective hire will be engaged in the development, demonstration, and scale up of our client's technology, development of feed and food nutrition applications in close collaboration with their partners.
The Microbial Physiologist will contribute to the client's fermentation and strain development R&D bioprocess development efforts in support of technology transfer for the production of added-value sustainable food and feed ingredients based on fermentation of the biorefinery process streams. This position will be based in Durham, NC with a direct reporting line to the CTO/Senior Vice President of R&D.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Microbiology, Microbial Physiology or related field or equivalent experience.
- It is a requirement for this position to have 3+ years of industrial experience in microbial physiology for fermentation applications, in particular, for yeast-based products development.
- It is a requirement for this position to have 3+ years hands-on operations experience with running micro scale growth profilers and microplate handling instruments.
- 3-5+ years of supervisory R&D experience.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to lead and direct others.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized multitasker, and a hard worker.
- Team player that thrives in a cutting edge, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of standard business software.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide bioprocess development leads, including fermentation media recipes, for microbial fermentation bioprocess development, in particular, concerning cultivation of yeast-based products.
- Review state-of-the-art strain development and bioprocess development to identify and track trends in microbial bioprocess development technologies.
- Contribute to strain development, fermentation and DSP projects for the development of sustainable food and feed ingredients in collaboration with partners and a strong focus on food, feed for aquaculture, companion animals, and overall youngster animals.
- Development & continuous improvement of our client's fermentation technology portfolio, manufacturing technology and formulation processes.
- Facilitation and coordination of collaboration throughout the R&D organization.
- Assistance in preparation of documents for patent filings, technology transfer, and regulatory approvals.
- Direction and supervision of microbiology junior staff.
- This description is provided as guidance and is not intended to describe all the work that may be required for the candidate in this position.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website