Kelly OCG is currently hiring a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to support procurement activities around contemporary best practices, sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the company objectives.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for preparing requisite materials to support engagements with Suppliers, including; activities to identify and assess suppliers per category strategies, monitoring and reporting on supplier performance and developing reports to assist in Supplier Management. In addition, the Strategic Sourcing Specialist will help develop supplier's capabilities and oversee the commercial relationship. They will partner with suppliers in managing KPI's relating to quality, service/reliability and total cost.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and analyze data for the preparation of engagements with Suppliers.
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager across selected suppliers.
- Establish close working relationships with other functions, in particular supplier quality, engineering and operations to drive improved Supplier performance.
- Establish proactive communication to the Planning Organization, manage supplier partnerships & contribute positively to the efficiency of Supply Chain
- Ensure alignment to the strategic direction provided by the source leadership team
- Ensure Supplier Performance is adhered to against set Goals.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes
- Champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal & joint supplier teams pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with sourcing strategy.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Conduct negotiations with Suppliers on assigned spend responsibilities.
- Prepare and execute Long Term Agreements, Affiliate Agreements, Vendor Managed Inventory Agreements, Non Disclosure Agreements etc, as required.
- Chair and minute business / scorecard reviews.
- Assist in managing supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments including inventory management
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities for major spend categories or key business processes. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing
- Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the supply chain
Experience and Key Competencies
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years procurement/sourcing experience preferred
- Experience in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting
- Analytically absorb information & solve complex problems quickly
- Advanced in Excel and Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus.
- Project management experience a plus
- Lean / continuous improvement skills a plus.
This position comes with enhanced benefits which include:
- 50/50 shared healthcare cost (Kelly pays 50% of the monthly premium, employee pays 50%)
- Paid sick days and vacation days
*benefits to be received upon meeting eligibility requirements
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the Submit Resume or Apply Now button to submit your resume.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website