Job Title: Staff Scientist
Location: Kensington, MD
The incumbent in this position is expected to possess a clear understanding of the principles involved in various protein purification procedures and to have experience in developing purification schemes. This position involves development of scale-up procedures for eventual purification within the GMP environment, optimization of procedures for purity and yield and modification of existing procedures according to the federal regulations for making protein products suitable for human injection.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Exhibits neatness, accuracy, consistency and promptness in work habits. Produces high quality product in a timely manner meeting all contract requirements and customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to federal regulations and company policies. Complies with cGMP regulations for making recombinant protein products for phase I/II clinical trials. Completes all required GMP and safety training.
• Promotes work in a team setting and creates positive work climate. Interacts with other departments involved in GMP manufacturing for planning production, testing and product release in a timely manner resulting in successful completion of projects.
• Anticipates problems especially those that may compromise the quality of the product. Analyzes situation and develops action plan for the successful completion of the project.
• Oversees day-to-day operations of the Process Development and Manufacturing Purification labs. Maintains constant supply of materials, maintenance services etc. for the efficient function of the labs.
• Demonstrates leadership. Communicates all matters of importance to the supervisor and to the members of the team for prompt action.
• Applies technical knowledge to job. Helps to make improvements in company's production capability.
QUALITFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Ph.D. in biochemistry/biotechnology or other discipline with 5 years of experience; or MS degree in biochemistry/chemistry with 8 years of experience; or BS degree in biochemistry/chemistry with 10 years of experience in Downstream Process Development and /or Protein Purification.
• Experience with cGMP Manufacturing under cGMP/cGLP compliance is a plus.
• Experience with standard analytical techniques including HPLC/SDS-PAGE, Bradford, BCA, and Endotoxin methods.
• Advanced computer and presentation skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Proven leadership skills.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills, both communications and written. Must be able to communicate effectively with all echelons of Management and staff.
• Task & Team-oriented, analytical, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated & ability to multi-task.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website