Key areas of responsibility
- Design an execute synthetic methods.
- Purify chemicals and interpret NMR, mass, and other spectroscopic data.
- Medicinal chemistry optimization of compounds.
- Work independently as well as with a larger team.
- Responsible for safe storage, use and disposal of chemicals.
- Making improvements/modifications to current synthetic processes.
- Generating ideas for new products and researching feasibility.
- Liaise with external contractors, suppliers and consultants where necessary.
- Keeping up to date in relevant new technology and products.
- Solve problems encountered innovatively and independently.
- Writing and communicating project updates within the organization.
- Create and maintain quality records for the purpose of assessing and improving methodologies and documenting experiments.
- Ensuring you are trained on all appropriate procedures and training new personnel if and when required.
- Technically reviewing change controls and peer reviewing laboratory notebooks.
- Ensuring you work in conjunction with the quality policy and objectives.
- Manage and develop scientists and technicians within the team.
- Lead cross functional engagement in solving complex problems encountered during product development.
- PhD or Masters and 5+ years industry experience in synthetic organic chemistry, organometallic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or similar technical program.
- Advanced knowledge of organic chemical reactions, mechanisms, and the ability to plan and develop complex multi-step syntheses at the milligram and gram scale.
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of organic chemical techniques including, dry reactions, organometallic reactions, water and oxygen sensitive chemistry, microscale manipulations, radical reactions, total synthesis, modern organic synthetic methods as applied to long multistep syntheses and purification techniques.
- The ability to characterize synthesis products by interpretation of spectral data including NMR spectra.
- Skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Set up reactions to synthesize and purify organic molecules and develop methodology for separating complex mixtures and advanced purification techniques such as running silica columns, ion-exchange and reverse-phase chromatography, including the development of crystallization techniques for the avoidance of such chromatography for separation of complex mixtures.
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies.
- Experienced in summarizing and communicating project data for senior staff and stakeholders. Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Desirable skills
- Knowledge of reagent/conjugation chemistry.
- Knowledge of fluorescent dye synthesis Knowledge of fluorescent detection and other assay detection architectures.
- Experience of GMP / GLP / GDP standards
- Experience and understanding of factors important in reagent preparation and drying for use in POC assays
- Experience working in the IVD industry, and having launched IVD products. CE marking IVD products, 510K submission and approval process.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment
- Communication Collaboration Communicate courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face Form positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can do attitude.
- Ensures positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Self-driven, takes ownership and demonstrates high levels of personal accountability, and is motivated to complete the goals and objectives
- Can listen and present effectively, providing progress updates and present effectively, providing progress updates and feedback on a regular basis
Ability to plan and organize work in accordance with the overall objectives and required timelines
Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity and is able to think strategically in times of pressure to drive toward the best solutions
Able to travel between company sites as needed (not expected to be frequent)
For immediate consideration, email resume directly to the recruiter: Clara.Cresswell@KellyScientific.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website