Scientist I, West Sacramento, CA
What will you do?
- Perform routine and complex laboratory analyses involving sample receiving and processing
- Ensure instruments and equipment in the lab are functioning properly and maintained by performing or arranging scheduled maintenance in a timely manner
- Utilize good documentation practices GDPs and follows laboratory quality control and quality assurance policies
- Evaluate and Interpret laboratory results
- Perform quality testing on new reagents prior to use Complies with Life Technologies Clinical Services Lab safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned Work is mainly laboratory-based with some time spent in the office writing up experiments, validation documents, and standard operating procedures
- Bachelors degree in a science discipline required.
- Minimum experience in PCR or qPCR Preferred 2+ years Molecular Biology or related laboratory experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Use of computer systems for data entry, retrieval, and analyses involving word processing programs, spreadsheets containing data analyses, and complex computer driven instrumentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve highly complex analyses
- Strong understanding of good laboratory practices and regulatory compliance
- May handle highly infectious agents and hazardous chemicals.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time while using equipment and specimen handling and/or for computer work.
- Bend or twist to reach into lower cabinets and drawers and squat or kneel to remove or store supplies stored on lower shelves.
- Stretch or over-the-head arm movements to reach into high cabinets and shelves to remove or store supplies.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Visual requirements to distinguish colors for analysis; and auditory requirements to hear timers on equipment.
- Fine hand manipulation is required to operate equipment, manipulate and pipette specimens.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website