Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking a motivated individual to work as a Scientific Program Analyst at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Work with staff on performing tasks in relation to the NCATS RADx initiatives. The NCATS RADx initiatives include: Exosome-based Non-traditional Technologies for SARS-CoV-2, and, Screening for COVID-19 by Electronic-Nose Technology (SCENT).
- Collaborate with staff on the development and implementation of cooperative agreements and other award mechanisms.
- Collaborate with staff on development of outreach strategies for the initiatives.
- Develop quarterly reports from data and updates provided by the program awardees.
- Schedule and conduct/participate in periodic conference calls and/or site visits, including tools such as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Collaborate with staff to develop the agenda and logistics for semi-annual meetings of investigators; coordinate activities with NCATS partners and other stakeholders.
- Work with staff to develop the agenda and logistics for workshops relevant to program development and expansion.
- Provide regular updates and communication to NCATS program leads and other partners.
- Coordinate with FDA partners on both initiatives
- Work with staff on tracking and evaluating the yearly milestones and progress reports from awardees; prepare dossier for each award and the program, including presentations.
- Analyze business and operating procedures to devise most efficient methods of accomplishing work; plan study of work problems and procedures, such as communications, in-formation flow, integrated databases, inventory control, or analysis of funding plans.
- Work with staff on management of program budget, including a wide range of administrative and analytical duties; formulate operating budget projections and annual allocations; monitor and track program expenditures; maintain fiscal oversight over office awards and contracts; track awards and obligation of funds; ensure adequate funds for program cover-age.
- Generate weekly, quarterly and various other budget reports of program funds for internal use, for senior management, and as requested by the program officers.
- Consolidate financial data for budget presentations; provide overview of the financial status of operations; maintain internal records and analyze proposed funding plans to identify trends, surplus or shortage of funds; recommend new or changed methods or procedures for monitoring/tracking budgetary information.
- Analyze program activities, via internal systems and/or NIH enterprise systems, to identify issues and develop recommendations for improvement; draft standard operating procedures and guidelines for implementation of programmatic and administrative activities.
- Provide technical and management support to program staff during execution of day-to-day functions, planning and implementation of projects, including setting priorities, managing assigned tasks, monitoring project status, reviewing deliverables, and providing status updates.
- Develop and facilitate various reporting needs unique to the organization; utilize a wide range of computer-based software, including Excel and other databases.
- Develop periodic and special reports and procedures; search records and files, the internet, background materials and precedent references
- Obtain information and data for staff; review and summarize materials and data; gather and coordinate information for review, conduct data entry and file maintenance, edit and/or prepare text, data and charts as needed.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information regarding application and award status.
- Provide support to the upper level management and ad hoc expert committees, designated by the Director and other management officials.
- Work with program officers to maintain content on program SharePoint site and other pro-gram-related sites.
- Provide administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioanalytical Chemistry or a related discipline; two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related project management experience.
- Knowledge of NIH funding mechanisms that support biomedical research, in particular the cooperative agreement mechanism and SBIR/STTR funding mechanism is desired, but not re-quired
- General knowledge of biomedical terms; i.e., exosome, qPCR, microfluidics, clinical validation, etc., and a keen interest in molecular diagnostics.
- Experience with independently performing budget execution and administration duties requiring tracking, review, and analysis; developing budget estimates and justifications, and submit-ting findings for higher level review; comparing and presenting figures of current funding with prior years expenditures (or a quick learner)
- Ability to develop detailed reports and analyses that will guide management on programmatic and financial issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Databases).
- Experience with databases; Working knowledge and ability to use NIH IMPAC (or a quick learner)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multi-task with great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website