Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Science News Writer/Editor with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Synthesize and translate complex scientific information into plain language.
- Write and edit web-based science articles that clearly communicate the importance of the institute's research to the public, the media, biomedical researchers and health professionals, to include:
- Science news briefs: ~500-word articles that use plain language to convey the significance of recent research findings.
- Research Features and News Releases: 1,000- to 1,440-word articles about the Institute's scientists and funded research.
- 100- to 200-word news items for the Director's Report to advisory panel (issued three times/year) and the quarterly e-newsletter to stakeholders.
- Announcements and meeting summaries that describe the Institute's research advances, programs, initiatives and special events.
- Identify stories, uncover new angles on topical subjects; report, fact-check and perform substantive editing.
- Participate in interviewing scientists and other experts; perform background research to gain knowledge of scientific topics and Institute-funded research topics.
- Work with leadership, scientific staff and grantees to develop content for science articles.
- Ensure that the final products are accurate and appropriately tailored to the audience.
- Work with Institute staff on web publication layout and design, including suitable photos, graphics and videos to accompany science articles.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in a science related field; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in journalism or science writing,
- Experience synthesizing and translating complex scientific information into plain language.
- Experience with journalistic styles and concepts.
- Experience writing for the web and/or print publications.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website