Kelly is recruiting for an Associate Scientist for our biotech client in Cambridge MA.
Duration: 1 year
Pay rate: $50-$55
We are seeking an associate scientist to join our Translational Research group in our new state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Kendall Square. This position will provide an opportunity to develop new analytical approaches to interrogate biomarker of resistance to immunotherapy in liquid milieus. The Associate Scientist will be responsible for supporting a variety of pre-analytical activities within the liquid biopsy team. The role will involve supporting in-process pre-analytical isolation and quality check of extracellular vesicles from plasma and serum samples, delivering results within project timelines, assay harmonization activities and evaluation of new analytical processes. The role will provide support within the liquid biopsy team. The qualified candidate is a motivated, interactive, and creative individual who possesses the ability to work across a matrixed environment to advance translational research. This is a laboratory-based position, which will primarily focus on new technology development, but will also include routine lab work, including sample processing, data acquisition, and analysis. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a strong background in protein purification & analysis, Electrophoretic techniques, and immunoassays. Prior experience in size exclusion and affinity-based chromatography, and experience with is clinical samples is a plus. We encourage aspiring scientists who are passionate problem solvers that thrive clinically relevant challenges, to consider this opportunity.
Qualifications / Essential Skills
- A degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline
- BS with 1-3 years of post-graduate experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a high throughput lab environment.
- A strong background in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry, with the emphasis on experience and working knowledge of LC (UV/FL) (including SEC and affinity) and other chromatographic methodologies is preferred.
- Deliver results in line with project and team objectives. Have excellent knowledge and working experience in chromatography systems and Electrophoretic techniques, and immunoassays.
- Familiarity with laboratory inventory management system
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, written and orally, within the team and larger organization.
- Works independently and collaborates with other groups.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website