Kelly Services is currently recruiting for a Research Associate for a 3 month assignment in Boston, MA.
The R&D team is looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to assist product development of a highly sensitivity lateral flow immunoassay. The successful candidate will be responsible for the functionalization of nanoparticles with antibodies, assembling and running lateral flow assays, and optimizing assays for performance and manufacturability. The Research Associate will plan experiments to achieve project objectives, execute development studies, analyze data, document results and hit project milestones on time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Independently conduct hands-on laboratory and bench work in a regulated environment
- Assist in the development, optimization, verification, validation and technology transfer of lateral flow immunoassays
- Design and execute laboratory experiments and data analysis
- Troubleshoot and improve existing immunoassay chemistries, processes, and methods.
- Maintain and promote good housekeeping (order & cleanliness) and safe behavior in labs
- Assist in authoring and optimizing SOPs and WIDs for developed processes
- Help with process transfer according to protocols and procedures/SOPs (to/from Operations, Production, CROs or CMOs)
- Carry out assignments with guidance in planning, organizing, and meeting key deadlines
- Present project progress, experiment results, and data analysis to supervisor and team
- Discuss challenges openly and thoughtfully
- Responsible for compliance with the company's quality system requirements through training and adherence to policies, procedures, and processes
- Document and record all work in electronic laboratory notebooks and diligently complete other documentation as required for assigned projects/experiments
- Accommodate additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
- M.S or B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related field with 2+ years lab experience
- Working knowledge of lateral flow, ELISA, or immunoassay-based systems and analogous diagnostic devices
- Hands-on experience in general immunoassay development including antibody bioconjugation, process development, assay performance optimization, and troubleshooting are strongly preferred
- Experience with immunoassay application to variable biomarkers is preferred
- Computer literacy, including practical knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and programs suitable for assay development
- Good organizational skills
- Understand project objectives, independently design, optimize and troubleshoot experiments
- Execute experiments efficiently, with high reproducibility; document experimental results, analyze data and outcomes, and generate summaries to communicate results with the team
- Achieve project objectives on time by troubleshooting experiments and testing practical and creative solutions
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills related to protein and bioconjugation characterization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks
- Team-player committed to learning new technologies and professional growth
- Experience in working in a GMP and/or GLP environment preferred
- Prior industrial development experience with lateral flow immunoassay for IVD application
- Experience in diagnostic assay development
- Ability to develop experimental plan and effectively prioritize tasks
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in a WORD document to email@example.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website