Research Associate - Microbiology
Kelly Science is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join an exciting company using the human microbiome to target diseases. Associate will play a key role in advancing rapid and thoughtful progression of a discovery portfolio from lead identification through IND enabling studies and early clinical development. A successful candidate is required to have experience with anaerobic microbiology laboratory techniques.
- Participate in execution of creating a microbial strain library by isolating human microbiota commensals.
- Perform molecular and biochemical assays as well as microbial growth assays.
- Perform small-scale microbial fermentation experiments.
- Assess microbial viability and enumerate microbes grown in single cultures as well as from complex samples.
- Prepare microbial culture media and frozen microbial stocks.
- Keep precise experimental records and enter data into databases.
- Assist in ordering and organizing laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional teams to ensure optimal information and material sharing.
- Be nimble and adaptive to learn new laboratory techniques as needed to support cross-functional research team.
- Work rigorously as an individual and passionately as part of a team.
- B.A., B.Sc. or M.Sc. in microbiology, biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemistry, or related field; with 2+ years prior experience in a microbiology or molecular biology laboratory, preferably within industry.
- Experience working with anaerobic microbes and anaerobic gas chamber
- Experience working with microbial cultures in aseptic environment – culture inoculation, propagation, scale up and transfer.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and approaches, including DNA extraction, quantification, PCR/qPCR and primer design.
- Experience performing high-throughput microbial growth assays (preferably using robotics) or small-scale (up to 250 ml) fermentation using bioreactors.
- Experience preparing microbial strain banks is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working with human gut commensals is a plus
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website