Kelly Science is seeking a motivated R&D Molecular Scientist for a client who creates portable whole house allergen measuring system and remediation support services. This is a direct hire position located in North Chicago. This company is GROWING fast and needs someone who is looking for long term growth opportunities.
Salary Range: $75,000-$100,000+/year plus health insurance, 401K, 15 PTO days, and a yearly 10% bonus based on completion of yearly goals.
· Handling customer samples collected by our proprietary air sampling devices: login customer samples received in laboratory, emailing customers, and processing samples for testing
· Monitoring lab support email address and responding to customer inquiries
· Running ELISA and ELISA- based testing and operating multiplex immunoassays in a Luminex-based system
· Analyzing results and completing customer data reports using a laboratory information management system (LIMS)
· Maintaining a laboratory quality system by following standard operating procedure, identifying information needs and problems; maintaining security and confidentiality
· Maintains laboratory equipment and performance by upholding quality standards; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
· Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a biological sciences related field
· 5+ years experience in a biological sciences laboratory
· 2+ years of lab management experience
· 2+ years R&D experience (designing and implementing R&D-based projects)
· Experience with performance of RT-PCR and molecular biological techniques
· Experience with ELISA testing and bead-based multiplex assays (preferred, but not required)
· Experience working in an ISO 17025 laboratory (knowledge on how to implement and maintain lab ISO 17025 preferred)
· Proficient with computer applications; experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to follow written protocols, maintain lab documentation, and abide by laboratory quality system
· Must have leadership skills
· Must be passionate, able to multi-task, and have the ability to learn quickly
· Must have the desire to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment
· Must be able to work efficiently, follow-through with assignments independently, with excellent attention to detail as well as having strong problem-solving, interpersonal, and analytic skills
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Interested? Apply NOW!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website