Quality Assurance Supervisor (Food) - Phoenix, AZ (West Valley)
Kelly Scientific has a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Supervisor to join one of our top clients in Tolleson, AZ who focus is on food manufacturing.
4 x 10 hours works days and must be flexible to work on the weekends!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains communication with Production, Shipping, Maintenance and Planning about any situations or issues that would affect internal or external customer expectations or ability to function.
- Manages and develops people and processes; plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of FSQA associates; counsels, coaches, records and disciplines as necessary.
- In charge of Terminations, Warnings, PTO and Scheduling of FSQA techs
- Develop a detail training program and provides training
- Develops FSQA staff to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned associates.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the FSQA mission in an effective and efficient manner.
- Works closely with Operations to drive Quality ownership to the floor
- Represent FSQA tech employees when there is an issue with another department
- Conducts GMP and sanitation audits of operations and warehouse areas
- Collect and analyze Non-conformances and corrective actions
- Works directly with USDA inspector answering questions and directing production to abide by regulations
- Works with government officials to make sure we are in compliance with FDA regulations
- Computer knowledge to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
- Bachelors in Food Science or related field
- 4-5 years experience working in a Food Industry Field
- Experience working with USDA/FDA required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to train and teach others.
- Excellent Knowledge of Food Manufacturing Systems.
- Solid Understanding of Food Safety.
- Experience with Government Regulatory requirements in food processing.
- Knowledge in the development and implementation of the following programs: HACCP, Sanitation, Good Manufacturing Practices, Pest Control.
APPLY TODAY! Questions? Contact Kevin at email@example.com
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website