Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
Kelly Science & Clinical is interviewing and hiring immediately for an experienced and enthusiastic Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager for our client, a passionate, innovative food company committed to making wholesome and delicious artisan food.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading, developing, planning, and directing food safety and quality activities in support of quality assurance operations and goals, ensuring that company standards are exceeded with a targeted emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and documented formalized training for employees within the organization in all areas. This position is a key member of the leadership team and has direct budget responsibility for all areas which fall under his/her supervision. The position requires a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead subordinates and others. The Quality Assurance Manager must be a skilled communicator who can convey information, ideas and policy to all levels within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead within the plant for Company Quality initiatives including the implementation of the Quality Management System
- Serve as primary plant liaison and investigator for all quality and food safety complaints, working closely with Customer/Consumer Service, Sales Department as well as Directly with consumers.
- Track, analyze, perform root cause, and recommend corrective actions for all quality and customer complaint issues within the plant-dashboard rollup.
- Update Director and Team daily on customer complaints, investigation results, root causes and corrective actions
- Serves as Food Safety Management System Team Leader to: Review and update the Team on all industry Food safety requirements, training programs within the facility, ensure that the current Food Safety System is adhered to and updated when required; Prerequisite Programs, HACCP and HARPC (Preventive Controls), GMPs, SSOPs, GFSI Standards and current procedures, USDA/FSIS, NOP and GFCO guidelines and policies.
- Develop, update, and effectively communicate sanitation policies, standards, and procedures, including Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Write new policies and procedures, if necessary, to support GFSI certifications and regulatory requirements as well as Company quality and food safety related procedures.
- Ensure audit readiness for all Internal Quality Audits, SQF, GFCO, FDA, USDA, NOP and all other 3rd Party audits, and respond to findings with Preventive and Corrective Actions
- Responsible for all recordkeeping for all regulatory and GFSIS compliance documents including quality (QMS) checks, testing, sampling, and sanitation activities.
- Manage budgeting, purchasing and inventory of plant operating supplies such as laboratory supplies, chemicals, and food safety equipment
- Monitor the performance and competencies of plant QA staff and provide leadership, coaching and development as needed.
- Perform food processing audits and complete findings reports where required and report out to the Team. Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support Continuous Improvement and QA&FS Initiatives
- Develop initiatives to improve plant performance with regards to quality and food safety policies, regulatory directives and ensure plant compliance with company and regulatory agencies.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to QA&FS Departments and act as the primary liaison to outside laboratories, and to external regulatory agencies (FDA, USDA)
- Responsible for overall Incoming receiving program for raw materials including the updates of quality and food safety specifications.
- Responsible for the Taste and evaluation (sensory) program for finished goods and ensuring all FG's adhere to specifications and quality standards.
- Assist and lend expertise on New Product Development and Commercialization of New Product in go live process. Oversee the microbiological and quality testing laboratory program to ensure all QC testing is completed per procedures and results are maintained and reported out as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in a field of science; or 8 years of manufacturing experience with strong background of supervising a team
- HACCP, PCQI, SQF; HACCP Certified, PCQI Certified, SQF Practitioner, with USDA and FDA experience.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, HACCP, Sanitation, and Hygienic design
- Sage X3 and Ross system experience preferred
- Knowledge of Food Processing equipment, preferably in a RTE facility
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Strong Defect Root Cause Analysis process
- Strong project management skills; mathematical, statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership skills, coaching and developing leaders & employees
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and manage to/achieve metrics
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with frontline employees, peers, and executives. Ability to drive positive change in both processes and systems and culture
- Strong internal and external customer focus with great follow-up
- Ability to provide afterhours support to a 24 X 7 operation for critical issues
- Self-directed with high integrity and the maturity commensurate with being an effective leader.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred
- Must be able manage multiple assignments and perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment
Please note that resumes from third parties will not be accepted. All candidates must be presently authorized to work for any employer in the US.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website