At Kelly® Professional & Industrial, we're passionate about helping you find a job that works for you. How about this one? We're seeking Production Supervisors to work at Kerry Ingredients in Melrose Park, IL. With us, it's all about finding the job that's just right.
Hours/Days Work: Tuesdays-Saturdays
- 1st 6:00am - 2:00PM
- 2nd 2:00 PM - 10:00PM
- 3rd 10:00PM - 6:00AM
Pay Range: $35-$40.87/hr
End Date: Long term
We have a Production Supervisor position in Melrose Park, Illinois. Kerry has over 41 sites across North America. Our Melrose Park facility plant is part of the Meat division business, and has 170 employees. This site is growing operations and investing capital in improvement projects. We are looking for someone comfortable working on first, second or third shift, and flexible to work a Tuesday to Saturday work schedule. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Support the SQF Food Safety and Quality System by implementing and following procedures, taking part in GMP inspections, conducting and/or participating in internal audits and management reviews and participating in training.
- Supervises and coordinates 20-40 direct reports at one time to meet business demands.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, developing, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for leading production staff to achieve production targets in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, warehouse, and quality departments to achieve and sustain results.
- Leads team members by managing and executing plant processes.
- Supports continuous improvement processes to ensure safety, quality, cost, and customer service goals are met.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate employee hours and create equipment operating schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interprets specifications, and job orders for employees, and assigns duties as necessary.
- Inspects and measures product specifications to verify conformance to specifications.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests continuous improvement changes to drive KPIs.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Maintains time cards and production records.
- Develops capital equipment justifications for equipment, tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- All other duties as assigned.
- College diploma, or University degree in an applicable field of study preferred, plus 2-5 years of experience in a production environment (food manufacturing preferred). Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail, good communication, organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Experiencing managing sanitation activities preferred.
- Demonstrated success in developing/implementing continuous improvement initiatives and accountability programs. Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success assessing, developing and retaining top talent.
- Proven ability to drive process improvements, adhere to budgets, and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies: Critical Thinking, Continuous Cost Focus, Technical Expertise, Influence and Delivery of Sustainable Results.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problem(s) to develop corrective solutions.
- Experience Supervising in a unionized work environment preferred.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft office)
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website