Kelly Services is recruiting for a Packaging Operator for a global chemical company in Ringwood, IL (zip code 60072)
This is a LONG TERM Engagement WITH benefits and paid time off! Apply Now!
$17-17.50/hr Current need 7-7 (Must be flexible to work either days or nights) - working every other weekend.
Medical Benefit package provided, Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay!
Long Term Indefinite Position - with a 3-month training program.
Training Schedule: Monday-Friday First 1 to 2 weeks - 6:40 am-3:15 pm training.
Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Utility Packer Operator for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in Ringwood, IL. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You'll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
As a Utility Packer Operator placed with KellyOCG you will be responsible for the following:
The Utility Packer Operator will provide packaging, repacks, drumming, pailing, labeling, unload tank trucks, cycle counts and other production support duties in order to ensure safe production expectations are met.
Packager and Utility Operator
- Drumming/repack/pailing of materials (raw materials, intermediates, or finished goods) into different size and types of packaging.
- Unload tank trucks.
- Handle totes, 55-gallon drums, 5-gallon pails and various size bottles and cans.
- Labeling activities
- Cleaning parts in part washing tanks
- Repackaging of materials both manually and by using pailing machine.
- Drumming out of solvents that may require use of fresh air respirators
- General Housekeeping, participation on LEAN projects, Paint activities etc.
- Recording data related to packaging operations
- Hand truck and fork truck operation to support raw material movements and finishing operations
- Perform all work safely and injury-free. Must actively participate in improving department and plant safety performance and housekeeping
- Participate in daily meetings
- Attend all training days
- Perform duties according to operating procedures or safe work permits
- Attend and participate in Elk Grove Village safety meetings
- Participate in the safety paired assessment program
- Support Cycle Count Activities
- Other duties as requested by management
- Must be at least 18 years of age and Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- High school diploma, equivalent, or a satisfactory work record is required
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
- Must be able to calculate various measurements using basic math skills.
- Fork Truck operation training will be provided
-High School Diploma or GED required.
-3+ recent years of related experience required.
-Pre-employment screens of Academic verification, Criminal Background, Drug (hair/urine), Physical and MVR required for this role.
- With mechanic assist, must be able to manually move 500-pound drums after proper PHYSICAL training.
- Must be able to manually lift and handle a nominal weight of 25kgs (55lbs).
- Ability to wear various types of respirators (cartridge, fresh air, or self-contained). Facial hair around the sealing surface of the respirator is not allowed.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must have sufficient dexterity and strength to operate process equipment, turn valves, etc.
- Must be able to operate hand tools, such as pliers, screwdrivers, and scrapers.
- Required to stand up to 90% of working day with frequent walking, intermittent stopping and bending while operating equipment, drumming, etc.
- Must be able to tolerate periodic hot, inside working conditions or cold outside conditions
- Have no known sensitivity or history of skin or respiratory allergies to dust, dirt, or chemicals to which there may be workplace exposure if an allergic reaction could create a safety or health hazard.
- Must be able to wear required protective clothing & equipment.
- Must be able to operate forklifts both manual, (pallet jacks), and sit-down riders.
To learn more about KellyOCG and our Managed Solutions expertise, visit us at kellyocg.com/Solutions/Business-and-Professional Services.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the submit your resume button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below recruiting for this position by email. However, your resume must be received via the submit your resume button included within.
Recruiter - April Gifford email@example.com (Include RINGWOOD in the subject line.)
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website