Kelly Services is recruiting for Punch Press Operators, Glendora CA for a large developer and manufacturer of Orthodontics products.
Punch Press Operator (Machine Operator)
Type: Temp to Hire
Hours: 2nd shift – 2pm-10:30pm, Monday through Friday and must be open to working Overtime on Saturdays. Currently, working 7-hour shifts and will gradually move to 8-hour shifts.
Pay Rate: 17.45 per hour
Location: Glendora, CA
This is a Production Machine Operator level II position for the manufacturing floor. Associates at this level are trained in all areas of the department and must meet the basic qualifications of the job description. Will be operating machinery that stamps and punch presses wording on metal products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On a production basis, perform operations requiring operation and set-up knowledge of all equipment and machinery in the department(s) to which assigned.
- Clean and maintain work areas, tools and molds in order to maximize equipment downtime through Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and 5S.
- Fabrication, processing and assembling of various products according to MCI's (manufacturing control instruction), blueprint tolerances and specifications.
- Use standard mechanical tools accurately and occasionally lift light to moderate weights.
- Operate on a production basis injection molding machines.
- Perform work with close tolerance and finish requirements and have a general knowledge of standard machining techniques.
- Watch for malfunction of machine and/or product and reports any problems to supervisor.
- Keep record of products produced and will perform inspections as required by MCIs.
- Monitor machine parameters (as required).
- Abide by defined plant and department safety policies, including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Keen eye sight and comfortable working with microscopes and small, delicate parts
- Good communication skills -be able to describe technical issues in concise and accurate ways.
- Organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to understand and interpret 2D engineering drawings, particularly tight product tolerances.
- Experiences in FDA regulated shop environment a plus.
- Manage in-line production by verifying dimensions and visual product attributes through inspection (eye loupes, microscopes, etc.).
- Good understanding of injection molding concepts.
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment desired, particularly in a machining operation.
- Good communication skills, able to describe technical issues in concise and accurate ways.
- Able to follow instructions and guidelines set forth by the area Lead or Supervisor.
- Able to meet daily production goals in regard to Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- High school degree or GED Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will load material into machines utilizing stepstools and/or ladders.
- Will need to control records of material generations
- Knowledge of how to clear alarms on machines
- Support the Set-Up Specialist with quality inspections of parts
- May be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Loud production environment (if required).
- Exposure to solvents, oils, lubricants, plastic material fumes, ground glass, flammable & hazardous materials.
- While performing the duties of this job, will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time (8 hours per day).
- Daily 5S activities in MIM Cell.
- High level of manual dexterity required.
- Will require keen eyesight and ability to work small parts.
- Will require operator to sit for extended periods.
- Sort very small parts using gages and/or eye loupe
- Operate the Laser Process
- Load and unload furnace
- Operate the Auto Stagers
Keywords: press operator, machine operator, machine, CNC, laser machine, machining, equipment,
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website