Part-time Weekend Laboratory Technician – Memphis, TN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently recruiting candidates for a Part-time Weekend Laboratory Technician position for one of our customers in Memphis, TN. The overall responsibility of this position is to perform laboratory testing on raw materials, in-process, and finished product samples to ensure the quality of inputs and outputs of all cream yeast & packaging products.
- Performs raw material testing to include molasses and mash sugar analysis, as well as concentrations for water, phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, and sodium hydroxide.
- Performs gas evolution tests as required to evaluate yeast quality and performance. Perform moisture, protein, phosphate, trehalose, starch, and salt analyses. Perform yeast cosmetic testing including color, texture, foam, and grit analysis.
- Performs sensory testing, odor and taste, on baked bread.
- Performs finished product packaging tests to insure conformance to specifications, including weight analysis, seal integrity, and temperature.
- Maintains, calibrates and/or verifies laboratory equipment. Perform hydrometer testing, including Specific Gravity, Brix, and Balling. Troubleshoot and correct equipment problems.
- Interprets testing results. Properly documents and reports laboratory data. Records data manually and/or electronically. Places nonconforming product on hold pending rework/disposition instructions by the QA/QC Manager or Laboratory Manager.
- Completes required general cleaning/housekeeping duties on a weekly basis.
- Participates in the various Quality System programs including GMP/Sanitation, HACCP, ISO, and Safety.
- Prepares and inoculates laboratory culture vessels required for the first factory fermentation stage.
- Performs QC checks during finished product packaging.
- AA/BS degree with emphasis in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or other science-related discipline.
- Industrial/QC laboratory experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO, GMP, HACCP, and Process Safety Management.
This is a temp to hire position with a weekend shift (Friday-Sunday) work schedule. If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website