Make a difference one school day at a time as a substitute paraprofessional. This is a great opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute paraprofessionals are essential to helping students learn and grow every day.
Why become a substitute paraprofessional?
- Help teachers increase valuable instruction time by working with students and helping them keep pace with their peers.
- Help students improve social skills.
- Feel good about the work you do in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
- Provide classroom assistance to the teacher, supporting the needs of general education or special needs students. This may include:
- Implementing educational programs, activities, and services with students of varying ages
- Classroom management and learning environment support
- Reinforcing learning concepts presented through lesson plans—individually or in small groups
- Grading homework and tests (computing/tabulating results) using answer sheets or other methods the school employs
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students, including:
- Ensuring students are never left unattended in the classroom
- Maintaining/assisting in maintaining classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly and school district policies and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Reporting student injury, accidents, illness, and discipline problems to Kelly supervisor and district/school personnel immediately
- Reporting all personal injury or school property theft to Kelly supervisor and district/school personnel immediately
- Supervising students in out-of-classroom settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by an authorized school district employee (e.g., school principal)
- Assist students in transition to and from classrooms, as needed
- Understand, address, and be sensitive to the needs of each student, recognizing differences in their abilities and cognitive levels
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with school district staff
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of students
- Ability to withstand frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs.; other physical activities may be required
Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute paraprofessional:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom assistant
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you'll receive a response to your application via email within 2 business days.
- Share this job! Know someone who would make a great substitute paraprofessional? We're always looking for more role models!
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website