Kelly Engineering is seeking a dynamic and motivated Logistics Coordinator for a long term engagement in Baton Rouge, LA.
- The Logistics Coordinator will perform and or manage all activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects.
- Acts as the interface between the business unit and procurement.
- Actively interacts with planning, inventory, vendors, buyers, and maintenance daily by providing customer support, effective timely communication, alignment with business practices/controls and a high level of materials and services fulfillment for site maintenance activities.
- Verify materials availability for all scheduled outage/planned and emergent work
- Provide supply chain input into Plant/Mine equipment maintenance strategies per requests
- Coordinate effective and efficient logistics requirements for Routine and Shutdown work
- Consult with Procurement, OEM, and vendors to develop best practices, procedures, and standards with respect to materials availability
- Provide frequent updates on material availability to required parties i.e. business, supply chain and Lead in root cause analysis for failed supply chain processes
- Identify opportunities to consume Business Line Materials and destock inventory utilize stock on hand
- Influence B/L to select materials on hand or from preferred vendors
- Utilize proper material code with an agreement supplier
- Utilize proper material code with a non-agreement supplier
- Working in the Planner Cockpit SAP PM rather than MM Module
- Responsible for P2P recycle, identifying root causes, and driving resolutions
- Coordinate with logistics coordinator for timely material delivery
- Timely requisitions for break ins
- MDG requester for master data changes and improvements
- Provide guidance and assistance to the requester and supplier for getting a Vendor Master record created in SAP
- Identify SAP data issues
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Broad knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
- General knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Advanced time management skills
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
- Influencing with and without authority
- Organization skills Work with the Maintenance organization to source materials needed for jobs and expedite materials ordered.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website