Lead Registered Veterinary Technician
Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Lead Registered Veterinary Technician for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in Cincinnati, Ohio. This role is a full-time, fully benefited position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You'll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
Maintain laboratory equipment in sanitary and perfect working order. All laboratory regulations must be followed and enforced at all times. These Policies are centered around; surgeon training, new product development and launches as well as sales training programs.
- Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility.
- Train/Mentor new technician's
- Occasional Evening/Weekend lab responsibilities
- Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as safety and environmental compliance.
- Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area. Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc).
- Participate in planning meetings and provide input for all pre-planning meetings
- Plan adequate resource assignment and execute practical courses in the timeline established for the areas of HCP training, new product development launches, sales training programs and other internal and third-party events.
- Adhere to current safety and lab procedures and maintain a clean and safe work environment up to standards
- Ensure paperwork and procurement of laboratory supplies for all practical labs are maintained to level requirements
- Ensure all laboratory equipment is setup, cleaned, sterilized, packed-up and put away
- Contact Program Manager or Lab Requestor for lab planning detail when assigned by KOCG Site Manager
- May be cross-trained to perform some vivarium technician, job functions as an employee growth and development opportunity, as long as cross-training and any supplemental work assignments do not interfere with their ability to complete the primary responsibilities of the clinical education technician (RVT) role.
- Preparing and conducting of labs including preparing necessary drugs according to protocol, administering drugs, and maintaining anesthesia during surgery
- Ensuring humane animal care and use
- Supporting tissue labs (including human cadaveric tissue) or inanimate labs
- Working with Central Supply staff to ensure that lab and support areas are provided with appropriate equipment and supplies necessary to conduct the procedures
- Receiving, conducting, and fulfilling animal tissue harvest requests, as needed
- Responsible for monitoring equipment performance and/or providing equipment maintenance on all indicated lab equipment by checking for defects, request unscheduled maintenance, and reporting all equipment issues to the lab supervisor
- Responsible for performing the IACUC folder quality audit when assigned by KOCG Lead
- The prep form and the intra-op form will be audited for errors in recording of data during labs
- Facilitate ordering of animals
- Assist with positioning or removing cadaveric tissue when needed
- Ensure labs run smoothly by assisting with entrance into the lab and donning proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Assist lab supervisor with tracking all dosimeter badges used for all labs held at the Institute
- Data gathering for lab support
- Lab set-up
- Review lab layouts for setup.
- Conduct lab instrumentation inventory prior to all lab setups and notify the lab supervisor of any instrumentation issues.
- Receive, unpack and repack equipment for Lab activities.
- Assist attendee's gown up.
- Ensure lab procedures and rules are followed.
- Ensure consistent lab experience.
- Support the lab with equipment requests when applicable.
- Lab clean-up: not limited to; collect scrubs, collect bio-hazard, wipe all surfaces and sanitize, equipment & instruments clean-up, PPE and lab supplies restock appropriately, sweep and spot mop of lab floors, compile post-lab paperwork and ensure GDP
- Notify the lab supervisor/requestor when waivers/rosters are incomplete.
- Inventory Lab supplies and notify Lab Supervisor when items need ordering.
- Assist with equipment request when approved by lab supervisor.
- Notify the Lab Supervisor when instrument ordering is needed.
- Notify the Lab Supervisor of all broken equipment.
- Greet vendors for all pickups, deliveries, and services.
- Assist Tissue Handler in removing cadaver when needed (post lab).
- Lead maintenance
A college degree is preferred. Must be registered veterinary technician
- Comfortable working in a medical lab setting environment with cadaveric tissue, live animal, animal tissue, lifting and transporting heavy equipment.
- Experience coordinating multiple events at once while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven flexible attitude and the ability to function as a member of a team.
- Proven management of last minute crises involving arrangements and budget to be able to maintain budgeted Meeting Costs
- .Proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, Agile, and Outlook.Proven management of last minute crises involving arrangements and budget to be able to maintain budgeted Meeting Costs.
- Knowledge of spine and hip radiography/anatomy is helpful.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when necessary
Office desk work, requiring sitting, walking, using phone and computer
May lift up to 30 lbs occasionally
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
To learn more about KellyOCG and our Managed Solutions expertise, visit us at kellyocg.com/Solutions/Business-and-Professional Services.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website