Kelly Services is looking for qualified candidate to support the day-to-day production operations at a leading Chemical company in Ames, IA.
- Title: Machine Operator
- Pay Rate: $16.00/hr
- Shift: 1st: Mon - Thurs 6 AM - 4:30 PM (occasional overtime available on Fridays)
- Location: Ames, IA
- Start Date: ASAP
Machine Operator (Contract) - Core Responsibilities
• Operate various mixing, filling and packaging equipment including; liquid filling machines, bulk powder blenders, Induction mixers, pumps.
• Follow mix ticket instructions to accurately weigh and add raw materials to batches.
• Follow instructions on fill tickets when packaging product.
• Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products, completing all finished good quality checks as required on batch ticket.
• Assist, and when necessary lead fellow operators.
• Record necessary data on all batch tickets.
• Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a safe work environment at all times.
• Continually maintain plant and work environment for cleanliness and organization.
• Operate forklifts as required (certification course required – we will train).
• Participation on site teams such as the Safety Committee, Interdependent Quality team, Fun Committee, Safety Observation Team, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Basic Math Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- HS Diploma/GED
Production and fork lift experience would be a plus, but not required
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website