This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Support National Cancer Institute (NCI), Center for Cancer Research (CCR), Genetics Branch (GB) research by developing and automating bioinformatics pipelines for cutting-edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) and other types of Omics applications as part of the GB OMICS Facility.
(2) Develop scripts and integrate tools to perform NGS data analysis, e.g., GSEA analysis, TCR, neoantigen prediction, copy number analyses; visualization and analysis of RNAseq gene expression, fusion gene data, germline, somatic, methylation, ChipSeq, HiC, single cell RNAseq, single cell ATACseq, ChipSeq, HiC, HiChiP, and spatial transcriptomics data.
(3) Work closely with the GB OMICS Bioinformatics manager on experimental design, data processing, analysis, and scientific programming.
(4) Deploy and maintain the NGS bioinformatics pipelines in high performance computing (HPC) environments, such as the NIH Biowulf platform and the AWS cloud platform.
(5) Collaborate with Genetics Branch PIs, biologists, clinicians, PI team based computational staff, and OMICS facility staff to understand their experimental and technical goals and suggest statistical and bioinformatics solutions for biological and translational questions such as mechanisms of oncogenesis, drug target discovery, drug mechanism elucidation and patient stratification efforts
(6) Work with the GB OMICS bioinformatics team and the Oncogenomics team to maintain and improve comprehensive databases for the storage and visualization of large-scale heterogenous Omics data, such as the public release of the ClinOmics/Oncogenomics Database.
(7) Create generalizable code bases to improve and support development of pipelines for the analysis, interpretation and visualization of next-generation sequencing data
(8) Develop interactive shareable code solution using technologies like Jupyter KnitR for collaborators and actively maintain them in a centralized version controlled repository in GitHub
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor ideally would have:
(1) Master's degree or Ph.D. (preferred) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Sciences, or a related scientific discipline.
(2) Minimum of two (2) years of experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, or scientific programming.
(3) Experience in designing and creating bioinformatics pipelines using a workflow manager such as SnakeMake or NextFlow.
(4) Experience in cancer genomics research, epigenomics, other large-scale sequencing projects, and implementing online Omics databases preferred
(5) Fluent in at least one programming language, such as Python, R or C/C++, comfortable working in a Linux environment, and experience with version control tools such as Git or SVN.
(6) Experience in relational databases such as MySQL or Oracle, HPC cluster and/or Cloud environments, and web client-side programming preferred
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly® Government Solutions?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly Government Solutions partners with these organizations to create expert talent solutions that solve the world's most critical challenges. We offer a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technology, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will connect you to the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website