The after school program at OCASA is an educational enrichment program for K-8th grade. It is designed to complement the school-s academic programs as well as support students- character and emotional development. It is important that all staff be dedicated to that goal and work hard to maintain that standard. After school staff will play a few different roles. The primary role will be the supervision and instruction of students after school hours conclude (2:20-6:00). However, staff will begin work in the middle of the school day (11:00).
During school hours, staff will support Instructional Assistants during P.E, supervise playgrounds during lunch recess, and aid Instructional Assistants during STEAM. After school is over, staff will be required to lead large groups of students through study hall, tutoring, movement breaks, sports, and hands-on student driven activities. Lesson plans and curriculum are primarily developed by the Teachers and the After School Program Coordinator; support staff will facilitate these lessons and assist in their success. Staff will develop and promote fee-based camps on school holidays and vacations with the After School Coordinator. The After School Support Staff must embrace change, challenges, and controlled chaos, always keeping the students success as their motivation and focus.
- Supervises lunch recess
- Sets up and organizes P.E equipment for each class
- Aids Instructional Assistants during P.E and STEAM lessons (may be asked to lead STEAM lessons on occasion)
- Provides daily snack to after school attendants in accordance with ASES grant and Health Department guidelines
- Assists in the management of student behavior through the use of positive reinforcement strategies and techniques
- Addresses behavior issues with a calm and supporting attitude
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from High School or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency.
- Completion of two years of higher education (48 semester units) or possession of an Associate's or higher degree.
- Tuberculosis Testing Results
- CPR Certification or willingness to obtain (recommended)
Candidates are required to provide a copy of High School Diploma or G.E.D. AND college transcripts (indicating a minimum of 48 semester units) to be considered for this position.
Six months to one year experience working with school-age children in an organized setting.
- Free training to prepare you for the classroom
- Paid orientation
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Flexible scheduling: work a few days or every day
- Your preference of school
- Free ongoing professional development
- The satisfaction of knowing the work you do is making a positive impact in young lives in your community!
If you are passionate about helping others and looking to advance your career, apply now.
For immediate consideration, please contact Tonia Allen to get started today!
Or send resumes to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website