Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking an experienced Scientist with Histology and Immunohistochemistry expertise to work at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Work with staff to develop, validate and implement histology/immunohistochemical staining procedures with murine and human tissues, as needed to support research projects being conducted in the Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, LTIB, CCR, NCI, NIH.
- Conduct immunohistochemical (IHC) stains using a chromogenic or fluorescent methodology, by using a manual or an automated IHC platform; support appropriate antigen retrieval techniques, troubleshooting of staining methods; antibody titrations
- Independently plan, develop and support assigned experiments and protocols.
- Recommend methods and develop and/or modify methods and procedures to meet the experimental objectives.
- Prepare tissue slides (paraffin and frozen sections) for historical or immunohistochemical staining, both using manual or automated systems.
- Perform standard histochemical stainings (H&E, etc) using manual or automated systems.
- Acquire data by conducting scanning of slides using an Axio scanner or equivalent systems.
- Provide guidance and training to staff on the use of laboratory equipment and in the performance of specialized procedures/techniques.
- Maintain records of experimental results; work with staff to analyze and interpret data; prepare summaries of laboratory findings.
- Review available literature on new methods and techniques for potential application within the laboratory.
- Attend weekly group meetings and weekly general laboratory meetings.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a laboratory Science or other related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years of histology and/or immunohistochemistry experience
- Experience designing/establishing new protocols based on immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescent approaches.
- Knowledge and experience in related experimental techniques
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of established methods and procedures for the operation of scientific equipment.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website