Kelly Services is hiring a Freight Associate in Lancaster, Texas.
The Freight Associate mostly will be assisting in hand-stacking and packing product for freight orders with heavy lifting involved. We are looking for someone with a proven sense of urgency as there are daily deadlines for pallets to be ready for shipment with our carriers.
Under general supervision, the Warehouse Associate-LTL Repack will ensure safe and accurate packing of product into cartons and preparing orders for shipment by freight carriers.
1. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns and follow all safety policies of the facility.
2. Immediately alert supervisor or manager of any problems that occur during shift.
3. Ensure on-time completion of assigned work and projects.
4. Retrieve picked orders from conveyor or floor location.
5. Scan orders into handheld and process them according to the LTL repack procedure.
6. Identify discrepancies and immediately alert the lead, supervisor or manager for verification.
7. Assess items and, if required, obtain box(es) to fit order on pallet.
8. Assemble boxes with packing tape, Red Hawk tape and any other materials required.
9. Make sure all product labeling is consistent and uniform.
10. Report any damage to product prior to packing.
11. Ensure orders are packed on-time OS&D free.
12. Pack orders according to weight. Ensure heavier items are packed toward bottom, lighter and fragile items toward the top. Fragile items should be wrapped to protect them during transit.
13. Use void fill or other items to limit movement during the shipping process.
14. Ensure -Thank You- package is placed in box. If no master carton is being shipped, place -Thank You- package in packslip envelope.
15. Secure merchandise on pallet with straps and shrink wrap, packing tape, Red Hawk tape and any other materials required.
16. Place requirement labels as needed (Fragile, Do not stack, This Side Up, Customer Pickup, No Sharp Tools to Open)
17. Retrieve packslip and place in packslip envelope. Place envelope on pallet.
18. Use tape measure to get dimension of each pallet being shipped. Write dimensions on each pallet label for order.
19. Place pallet label(s) on appropriate pallets.
20. Place order in the designated processing area.
21. Identify and report faulty equipment, damage to equipment, and other safety hazards to Outbound Manager.
22. Maintain clean and sanitary area. Remove debris and sweep dock as needed.
23. Make sure repack stations are stocked with supplies at the end of the shift.
24. Store brooms, shovels, and other equipment properly at the end of the shift.
25. Label, sort, wrap and tie product.
26. As part of end of day process, make sure all shipping scanners and equipment is accounted for and on charging stations
27. Other duties as requested.
- 2 years work experience in warehouse or similar environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with WMS and RF.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to relate to others beyond giving or receiving instructions.
- Knowledge of company safety rules and general procedures
- Ability to read numbers and labels
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, hear or talk, use close vision, use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects, and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 80 lbs.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available for eligible employees
- Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase-and the coverage is portable*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation spending accounts
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website