Firmware Test Engineer, Lincoln, Rhode Island, 02865
Kelly Services is seeking a Firmware Test Engineer for one of our top clients in Lincoln, Rhode Island.
Length: 03/15/2021 to 03/14/2022 (Contract W2)- (Possibility to extend or convert)
Pay Rate: $45.00/hr. (W2)
Type: Contract W2—There is no “per diem” with this position. There is no relocation budgeted for this position. If this position requires you to relocate you will be responsible for those costs. NO C2C, at this time we are not in the position to offer any type of sponsorships or VISA transfers for this position.
The Engineer will be an integral member of the test and development team performing activities such as test and tool design, test automation, test software development and debug, documentation, product test, and support of Agile firmware development. Be a member of a dynamic, high performance team responsible for improving customer value and reducing time to market by driving test innovation and improvements for company products.
- Perform manual test and design, debug, and develop automated tests and test infrastructure in a quality manner consistent with company and departmental standards and procedures.
- Document designs and software, update preexisting documentation, as appropriate, with context, data flow and/or state diagrams, structure and flow charts, pseudocode, and source statement commentary.
- Test products under specified and/or reasonable conditions under which it may operate.
- Work with engineers in Firmware, Software, Electrical and Mechanical groups to test and debug features and improvements.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of test, software languages, techniques, and methods.
- Investigate problems and recommend solutions. Implement any required corrective action.
- Advise and assist developers in the design or modification of firmware.
- Accurately estimate time to complete tasks. Upon accepting the estimates of others, complete the task to schedule in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Interest and knowledge of embedded software test, embedded software and Software tool development are highly desired.
- Must be proficient in Python, Scripting, Tool development, C, and have experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with various communication protocols and various processors.
- Skills in OOD, Design patterns, Structured design, Design Documentation, Debugging Techniques are desired.
- Familiarity with flowcharting concepts desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website