I have an exciting Direct Hire opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer for a Client located in Honeoye Falls, NY who is a growing provider of engineered automated material handling solutions used in the food and beverage, Aerospace, Automotive, Specialty Metals and Manufacturing marketplace.
This individual will be responsible for designing motor control panels and other systems related to material handling systems. In this position, you will lead controls engineering efforts for concepting, design, programming, testing, and installation and commissioning for automated material handling control systems.
Your exceptional work ethic combined with outstanding communication skills and our team-based engineering methodology will allow you to be able to develop complete hardware designs for automated material handling systems while owning the scope, schedule and budget on a project.
Responsibilities and abilities required:
- Hardware design of industrial controls for various custom automated assembly, test, and
material handling machines.
- Responsible for designing full detailed drawing sets required to control systems.
- Design/Specify and Integrate Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Control Systems Hardware for Automated Assembly, Test, and Material Handling Systems. This includes power feed calculations, 480-volt power schematics, 120-volt control schematics, I/O drawings, field device layouts, and panel layout/design.
- Develop accurate Bill of Materials.
- Develop build and installation plans
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineer, Machine Builder, Project Manager and Purchasing staff during the design and build process.
- Work closely with controls build department on the wiring and plumbing of equipment.
- Ensure that design is in line with project requirements and Han-Tek design standards and
- Attend project meetings with project managers and participate as a positive influence in
maintaining excellent customer relationship while minimizing scope creep.
- Write or contribute to machine functional/maintenance manuals based on designs.
- Interface with customer engineering and end-user contacts during project design and
- Flexibility; willing to work as required to keep the project on schedule
- Dependability reliable; timely completion of assignments
- Travels to site to support field efforts (15-25% travel required)
? Ability to climb ladders, work at heights, and occasionally lift 25 lbs.
Qualifications and experience needed:
- BS Degree with 5+ years' work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience selecting and designing hardware to control and monitor industrial machinery
and/or industrial processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering design standards, including NEC, NFPA, and UL standards
- Pallet, case, and custom conveyor experience is a plus
- AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical design software
- E-plan software highly desirable
Additional Recommended Qualifications:
- UL508A control panel design
- Motion and robotic control system design experience
- Risk assessment and safety design experience, including SISTEMA reporting
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website