Kelly Science and Clinical is the world's most recognized brand in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists contribute to the research and development of the next generation of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular therapies.
Under the direction of the Director of Microbiology, the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, this position will oversee the daily operations of a busy clinical and research microbiology department.
- Oversee routine test performance, including specimen preparation, processing and testing
- Monitor the recording and reporting of test results
- Maintain a quality control program and acceptable levels of analytic performance appropriate for the laboratory tests performed, and ensure performance is maintained throughout the entire testing process
- Resolve technical issues and ensure that the correct remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been completed and the test system is functioning properly
- Perform verification of test procedures, as directed
- Review intermediate test results or worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results and preventive maintenance records
- Perform and document instrument maintenance and function checks
- Assess test performance through testing of internally blinded samples and samples received for external proficiency testing
- Monitor preparations for laboratory surveys/inspections by WA DOH, Joint Commission,
- Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology or related fields
- M(ASCP) certification or equivalent.
- 10+ years of handling high complexity testing within the specialty of Microbiology including the subspecialties of Bacteriology and Mycology
- Exhibit strong personal management skills, including time management, planning, organizing and delivery of results
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
- Communicate effectively in person and over the phone
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website