POSITION LOCATED IN GARLAND, TEXAS
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for supplier management, order placement, material planning, organization and process/management. Supports and executes material panning and procurement to obtain the highest quality products and services at competitive prices supporting the production plan and existing new product development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Researches and evaluates potential suppliers to ensure they can produce the quality and quantity of goods needed at the most competitive total cost.
- Maintains strategic relationships with suppliers and execute purchasing agreements and contracts.
- Constantly monitors inventory levels, production scheduling demand and executes to the MRP exception messages.
- Verifies demand and generates purchase orders and compares standard cost to the actual pricing. Mitigates and negotiates price increase.
- Plans and analyses inventory levels by verifying available on hand stock.
- Generates system purchase requisitions , places purchase orders and verifies part number specifications and price. Obtains purchased order confirmation from suppliers confirming price, delivery and payment terms.
- Expedites material from suppliers to meet the master production plan.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered and resolves shipment discrepancies from suppliers.
- Manages optimal inventory levels and develops a “plan for every part” to increase material availability and increase inventory turns.
- Maintains Purchase Order information accessible by sorting and filing documents by supplier and date.
- Provides commodity and pricing trends by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Develop stocking strategies to assure continuous supply in order to maintain maximum production levels at optimum cost that's consistent with quality and product specifications.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Attention to detail
- Collaboration skills
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/client focus
- Decision making
- Financial management
- Focus on quality
- Interpersonal skill
- Organizational skills
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Technical capacity
- Time management
- Verbal expression
- Written expression
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of inventory control, purchasing and manufacturing/production planning.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office and data entry in an ERP system.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures.
- Ability to operate office equipment including copy machine, fax, telephone, PC, and 10-key calculator.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Use keyboard, computer and calculator.
- Sit, stand, kneel, twist, turn, stoop and/or squat occasionally.
- Sit/remain seated during entire shift, up to 4 hours at a time.
- Stand/remain upright and walk for up to 2 hours at a time.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- purchasing experience is not necessary. Looking for a candidate that is coachable/trainable and will work hard and is able to handle dealing with other clients, need to also have good communications skills on the phone.
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. At Kelly® Professional & Industrial, our experts will connect you with great opportunities at premier companies where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website