Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist with the National Institutes of Health in Research Triangle Park, NC.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Generate and optimize programs and scripts for the analysis of high throughput genomics and epigenomics data; implement algorithms and computational tools for NextGen sequencing data, expression and tiling array data, and others.
- Provide technical leadership for institute-wide implementation of infrastructure supporting NextGen sequencing data across disparate domains including both scientific and information technology.
- Write and optimize programs and scripts including graphical interface software that facilitates large-scale data-mining of genomic, epigenomic, genetic and expression data.
- Create novel programs and algorithms that facilitate discovery of biological knowledge in investigating large and complex genomic and epigenomic data.
- Mentor bioinformatics and computational trainees providing domain expertise and general scientific and technical leadership.
- Formulate best practices in genomic and epigenomic data analyses and management; generate pipelines to automate those analyses.
- Coordinate data and knowledge management initiatives that integrate longitudinal genomic, epigenomic, and other data.
- Provide technical leadership across a variety of IT needs.
- Prioritize and validate computational practices across the DIR/DNTP high-performance computing space to assist in optimization of hardware and software resources.
- Advise in design, implementation and maintenance of content management systems supporting data management, handling, and deposition.
- Formulate strategies to analyze and organize 3rd generation sequencing data as well as data from other expected technological advances.
- Attend group meetings; present findings; provide training as needed.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Computational Biology or Bioinformatics or a related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of post-graduation experience in bioinformatics programming.
- Experience with C, C++, and Java.
- Experience supporting scientific discovery in the genomics and epigenomics domains as demonstrated by a record of publication.
- Demonstrated experience creating data management pipelines and user interfaces.
- Demonstrated fluency working in Windows, Macintosh and UNIX/Linux environment and broad familiarity working in a high-performance computing environment.
- Broad familiarity with open source and commercial biological resources including databases and tools.
- Familiarity with biological data Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Demonstrated experience in computational support of bioinformatics with familiarity in applied genomic and epigenomic life sciences.
- Familiarity working with statistical/mathematical packages such as R/MATLAB or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in extracting and describing complex high dimensional data and presenting those data in a biologically meaningful context.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills as evidenced by a record of publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website