DIRECT HIRE ACCOUNT SERVICE SPECIALIST IN BATTLE CREEK, MI
We are now seeking a Bank Teller (Account Specialist) to work at a local Credit Union.
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Training is in Jackson, MI (you have the option to commute or have expenses paid to stay in Jackson during training)
Pay is based on experience: $14-$19/hour
This is a DIRECT HIRE (no contract period)
Full Benefits offered after 90 days
Banking experience is not required, but if no banking, must have high volume cash handling (retail or hospitality)
Schedule is flexible. (banking hours: Mon-Thurs 9a-5p, Fri 9a-6p, Sat 9a-4p)
Position Overview: The Account Specialist I (teller) performs a wide range of transaction duties to serve members by receiving and dispensing funds with a high degree of accuracy. This position requires you to maintain accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment service to credit union members in accordance with the credit unions policies and procedures. This person has good communication skills to listen, recognize member's needs and then recommend other credit union products or services.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow all credit union policies and procedures; including policies and procedures for customer identification and all BSA requirements
- Promotes services consistent with the credit union sales culture
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit.
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices.
- Enters members' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services.
- Member Focused - Empathetically seek understanding of what members require and expect and use available resources, policies, and opportunities in their best interest without compromising institutional core values.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughness and accuracy in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Collaboration - The employee will work with others to achieve common organizational goals in a spirit of honoring diversity and mutual respect.
- Reliability and Confidentiality: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments. Able to keep all information obtained confidential including member, employee and credit union information.
- Communication - Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information with co-workers, supervisor(s), and members so as to anticipate problems and ensure the effectiveness of the institution.
Key Performance Indicators
- Job Knowledge
- Daily balancing of assigned cash drawer
- Meets Service Levels Goals
- Cross offers of other Credit Union products and services
- G.R.E.A.T. Standards
- We Greet
- We value our member and coworkers by greeting one another.
- We Respect
- We respect our members and team by giving personal quality service.
- We Engage
- We are fully engaged with members and team members.
- We Achieve
- We achieve by executing tasks accurately and by offering additional products and services to our members.
- We are a Team
- We create a positive work environment by valuing one another and working together
- We Greet
Position Model Standards
- $2000 Check override limit
- A minimum education of high school diploma or GED.
- Cash handling or sales experience.
- Prior Customer Service experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has excellent customer service skills
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with credit union exposure to loss or fraud.
- Mathematical skills
- In-depth knowledge of all credit union deposit products and policies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to cross sell
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
The Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Requires the ability to operate, repetitively at times, a personal computer, and calculator. Also requires ability to operate multi-line telephone, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and/or stand for up to 4 hours at a time; use hand to find, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Duties are performed in an office environment but may also require traveling to other facilities using employee's personal transportation.
- The noise level is moderate.
- The physical exertion is moderate.
- There are frequent employee/member contacts and interruptions in person and via the telephone during the day.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website