Kelly Science and Clinical is the world's most recognized brand in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in North America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists contribute to the research and development of the next generation of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular therapies.
The Assistant Clinical Molecular Genetics Laboratory Director will join the team to support clinical and technical functions for the CLIA/CAP regulated high complexity clinical laboratory performing molecular testing using NGS.
- Reviews assay QC data for clinical patient testing, clinical trials and research studies
- Develops deep clinical and technical knowledge for all clinical assays in the production laboratory
- Collaborates with the other Laboratory Staff to ensure timely and accurate result reporting
- Provide clinical and technical expertise in support of sustaining and scaling initiatives relevant to clinical and molecular testing
- Authors and/or reviews CLD related documents
- Supports LIMS Development in collaboration with the software team (e.g., generates user requirements, UAT cases and plans, completes test plans, reviews and approves related documents for system features and enhancements)
- Collaborates with other Clinical Laboratory Directors to develop and continuously improve day-to-day operations and ensure cross-functional alignment with laboratory support groups
- Support and initiate activities, in conjunction with the team, and VP Molecular Laboratory Operations/Head CLD
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a biological science
- Board certified or eligible: ABMGG, ABP, ABB, ABCC or equivalent laboratory director certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics/Pathology
- Holds or is eligible to apply for a New York State Certification of Qualification in Oncology (Molecular Cellular Tumor Markers). Additional NYS certifications a plus
- At least one year of experience with hematological malignancy, and/or clinical immunology
- At least two years of experience with Next-Generation Sequencing, various DNA extraction methods, PCR techniques
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex clinical and technical information, both oral and written (examples may be requested)
- Ability to collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Previous experience working with Next Generation Sequencing Platforms and bioinformatics
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website