Animal Technician (Hollister, CA)
We are seeking an Animal Technician to work in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical Company that specializes in breeding animals for Research in Hollister, CA.
Temp to Hire Opportunity with Multiple Openings!
Work Schedule (Must be able to work these days and hours!):
- Monday-Thursday, 4 am to 1:30 pm and Friday, 4 am to 8 am
Pay Rate is $18/hour with a $500 Sign On Bonus and another $500 Bonus once Converted to a Permanent Employee.
As an Animal Lab Technician, you'll perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry and other production duties. The role requires maintaining supplies and environment of environmentally controlled work area(s) and assisting in training of entry-level employees.
- Breeds, raises and cares for small research animals. Follows proper breeding and animal care procedures.
- Clean / wash cages, replace bedding, ensure water and food is properly maintained and stocked in each cage.
- Monitors animal behavior and physical attributes to ensure animal health and confirm appropriate phenotype; reports any findings. Ensures bio-security.
- Perform physical environment cleanliness. Upkeep and maintain record-keeping and production operations according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Order and operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines.
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain the isolator and/or barrier room barrier.
- May coordinate limited production activities in the temporary absence of the Supervisor.
- May pull and pack animals for shipping to customers, as assigned.
- Coordinates with Customer Service on scheduling and order status.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training in animal husbandry preferred but not necessary. Will train on duties.
- Able to perform repetitive physical tasks.
- Comfortable working with live animals (mice and rats) is a must!
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to stand and ascend/descend rolling platform stairs (up to six steps) to perform all tasks and procedures related to the job.
- Regularly transports supplies, removes waste, and/or laboratory equipment while ascending/descending rolling platform stairs (up to six steps).
- Regularly positions self (stoop, crouch, squat, sit, reach) to access and inspect small models and be able to assess their conditions and environment from various distances.
- Regularly lifts and/or moves equipment and materials weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Regularly required to utilize a computer/tablet.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website