DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
New Graduate (RN) StaRN, Multiple Departments Available
Full Time, Various Shifts Available, 0.9 FTEJFK Medical Center Atlantis, FL Facility Description:
Originally named John F. Kennedy Hospital in honor of our nation's 35th president in 1966, JFK Medical Center has since grown into a multi-campus medical center with four Palm Beach County locations.
Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care medical and surgical facility known for its comprehensive services including: 24-hour emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences, general, minimally invasive & robotic surgery, orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. JFK Main is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center and an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We also offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach providing the same emergency treatment for adults and children as our hospital based ER, closer to home.
We are located in the City of Atlantis near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the beach, trendy restaurants and shopping malls, there is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of top clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while enjoying the benefits of Palm Beach County living.Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student and employee stock purchase program.
JFK Medical Center is seeking exceptional, caring and compassionate new RN graduates to apply for our StarRN New Graduate program!
Join our 2020 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based poster presentation.
StaRN (12 -16 weeks):
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment.
StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands on training: 6-8 weeks with a facility preceptor in a nursing unit
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Dysrhythmia Interpretation
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
The schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week. The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts at the hospital. Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
Professional Development Program (remaining 9 months):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Monthly resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital and unit.
To learn more about HCA's StaRN training and Nurse Residency program, click here to check out our video: HCA East Florida StaRN program
Units that may hire StaRN residents include, but are not limited to:
- Progressive Care / Stepdown
- Behavioral Health
- Recent (under 1 year) graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Strong communication skills required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website