TITLE: Bi-lingual Human Resource Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist in the day-to-day function of business operations by carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for the benefit of the company and all employees. This person will also translate documents, presentations and assist with training and recruiting activities.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and partnering with Production Well-being team when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and fixing violation if issue is brought to light.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Process incoming internet and paper applications
· Schedule and complete interviews involving manger and supervisor when necessary
· Contact references
· Prescreen candidates
· Complete new hire paperwork and coordinate start dates and locations
· Compile reports from database as needed
· Maintain and file electronic and paper employee records
· Establish, maintain and audit files
· EEOC- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
· MVR- Motor Vehicle Records
· E-Verify- I9 Employment Verification
· Criminal Background Checks
· Resolve employee issues through phone conversations and site visits using bilingual skills
· Address workers comp issues through site visits and attend clinic visits using bilingual skills
· Develop, maintain and update necessary documents in Spanish language
· SOP's, Competencies, Dictionary, Manuals, Handbook
· Company Documents
· Assist with training – HR training days, PPA, PLP, Safety, PQA-Plus, TQA, Manager meetings using bilingual skills
· Develop and update PowerPoints in Spanish for training and compliance sessions
· Assist with receptionist duties at the front desk as a backup and on lunch rotations
· Conduct other office-related jobs determined by supervisor
· Attend company promotional events
· Assist in bilingual training of contractors (i.e. Load Crews, Wash Crews, Managers)
· Attend staff meetings to give updates and assist in developing department goals
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on the success of the company, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to work by start time given.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during staffing challenges is required.
· Collaborate with other departments within the company.
Education/ Experience: College Degree and/or experience in Human Resources, preferably in the swine industry or other ag-related field.
This person must be able to multi-task and handle stressful situations in a busy office atmosphere. Thus, they must demonstrate effective time management, initiative, organization, and dependability. This position requires the specialist to work with a diverse population, so a positive attitude, overall friendliness, compassion for and understanding of people is a must in this position. Bilingual language skills (English/ Spanish) would be necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position. Computer literacy is important with competencies in Avaya Phone Systems, Excel, Word, Access and Internet Explorer.
Physical requirements while performing the duties of this job; include the employee being able to lift up to 40 pounds, as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, have the ability to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or office machines. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The environment the employee will be working in is a climate-controlled office with hazards typical to that environment; however, specialist will be required at times to shower in and assist at production farm facilities. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
Apply on company website