We are currently looking for a high-energy, driven Account Executive covering our Corporate clients with knowledge of technology and solid business-to-business sales and account management experience.
In this role you will develop account plans for communication and focus while collaborating with the wider Intralinks team. The job represents balanced customer relationship management, account planning, managing to both performance and quota targets, strategic selling and create new business. You will be expected to establish and develop strategy for selling directly to targeted key accounts and new prospects across most industry verticals. The buyers within major corporate clients will typically be those in the Corporate Development/Corporate Strategy, Finance and Legal functions.
Corporate Development teams are increasingly looking to adopt a more structured approach to their M&A and financing process and typically require more technology solutions to efficiently manage their deal pipeline. Intralinks offers an integrated solution to address these needs by offering a unified document repository, collaboration tool, and process management resource. Intralinks also helps corporate development teams more efficiently categorize, manage, store, share, and track transaction information, resulting in a more streamlined deal process.
The Account Executive enjoys prospecting daily and is skilled at qualifying new customer opportunities, capable of challenging a prospect's existing business practices, introducing Intralinks solutions, conducting deep discovery, and mapping customer business pains to the Intralinks solutions. This is a quota carrying direct sales position.
About the Team:
The Japan team is part of the Asia-Pacific business unit and has shown strong growth over the past 12 months and continues to meet expanding sales targets. As part of the Asia-Pacific business unit, the Japan team is focused on increasing both revenue and market share and cementing a number one market position in the region.
- Establish and develop strategy for selling directly to targeted key accounts and new prospects across key industry verticals including Finance, Telcos & Utilities, Construction, Resources, Property Management, Industrial & Conglomerates, Real Estates, Manufacturing and Distribution.
- Identify and establish relationships with key corporate dealmakers through prospecting, marketing leads and expansion of existing contacts within accounts.
- Identifies the need for, and collects, information to better understand customer pain points and priorities. Collects account history from all relevant Intralinks organizations and published sources.
- Identify trends in the marketplace and specific opportunities and create appropriate action plans.
- Develop account plans for targeted accounts to gain greater market share to include proactive research of potential deal activities and trends. Develop and manage a comprehensive territory plan addressing key corporate opportunities.
- Discover potential client needs for non-M&A secure file share use cases across our corporate clients and work with our professional services team to offer customized solutions where requested.
- Deliver the Intralinks value proposition in the field, phone meetings and Zoom/WebEx. Employs value based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution.
- Engages customers in “unscripted” dialogue that focuses on addressing the customer's problems.
- Articulates the value Intralinks solutions can solve, leveraging the strength of the Intralinks brand, scale, and market position to place Intralinks at a competitive advantage.
- Build and maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast, through discovery calls and meetings.
- Drive the sales process and manage the contract and approval process of new deals, including negotiating on price and getting approvals including contract terms.
- Meet or exceed set Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), for example on number of calls and meetings and other sales-based activities.
- Conducts opportunity and account review sessions with manager using CoS tools. Completes required reports by deadline, maintains accurate forecast.
- Manage all information in our Salesforce.com CRM system related to the account(s).
- Coordinate and collaborate with Advisory Sales Representatives as appropriate to close deals and build client relationships together.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5-7+ years of quota carrying direct software or technology sales and account management experience.
- Track record of direct sales of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions.
- Consistent earnings over-achievement in past Account Executive roles while carrying a minimum direct sales quota of USD$1M.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience successfully applying a structured opportunity management methodology.
- Experience using a CRM system for lead tracking and maturation, forecasting and contact management.
- Ability to approach brand new target customers from scratch to deal close.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions is a plus.
- A track record of selling to Corporate Development and Finance professionals is a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of the financial services industry would be a plus.
- Professional competency in English and Japanese.
- Shows control and maturity in facing difficult situations, demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness, competitive, most successful in highly ambiguous situations, is driven for success, and has intellectual curiosity.
- Will go “above and beyond” in their networking and client engagement efforts.
- Working environment: Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to work with general PC business applications.
- Creativity and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of contacts within our clients, from Analysts to Managing Directors.
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal departments to overcome service delivery obstacles.
- Ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to engage proactively with colleagues outside of Japan.
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, creativity and positive energy - often over career experience!
- Evaluate candidates based on potential and the ability for one to grow their career with Intralinks long term
- Have almost 50,000 people login to our platform each day
- Are ranked #1 in the enterprise collaboration and social software suites market by Gartner
- We are the standard for trusted collaboration among networks of business professionals.
Apply on company website