Intertek is uniquely positioned to partner with our clients and meet their needs by delivering a wide variety of sustainability services that help them to manage risk and resilience with increased transparency and confidence, whilst supporting their ability to operate effectively and act responsibly. Intertek's Total Sustainability Assurance is a pioneering initiative that provides an end-to-end independent, systematic sustainability programme from both an operational and corporate perspective.
Through our global network of sustainability experts and integrated Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions, Intertek can help organisations understand, achieve and validate their existing and emerging sustainability goals for their products, assets, facilities, systems, processes and environment.
The Climate Change & Sustainability Services team delivers core sustainability services for products and corporate operations across all industries. Core services include but are not limited to; carbon/water footprinting, life cycle assessment, recycle content and materials management, implementing principles of circular economy, managing regulatory and standards compliance globally, eco-claims verification, GHG emissions and other sustainability metrics inventory development support, sustainability reporting and verification services.
The Climate Change & Sustainability Services team is a growing and dynamic business. We are a small and global team working with often new and developing services in the exciting field of sustainability, we are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to manage first-of-kind project delivery within North America for all industries. The Candidate will be located at Intertek's office in the Arlington Heights, Illinois area and report to the Director Climate Change & Sustainability Services in Toronto, Canada.
With the support of the Director, the Technical Manager will identify, develop and maintain successful, business relationships with clients and pursue business opportunities in-line with the Business Line programs, services and growth plan in North America.
The ideal candidate will efficiently and effectively manage projects, including, but not limited to; client development, proposal preparation, coordinating team members, executing the project, delivering reports, maintaining budgets, invoicing and client communication and presentations.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working remotely with a global team, attending conference calls outside of regular business hours. Evening and early morning phone calls with Europe and Asia are required periodically.
Efficiently and effectively manage projects, including, but not limited to; client development, proposal preparation, coordinating team members, executing the project, delivering reports, maintaining budgets, invoicing and client communication and presentations.
- Prepare budgets and deliver proposals to clients.
- Manage budget, resources, scope, and deadlines for assigned projects.
- Maintain working knowledge of Intertek internal processes, training and core mandatory controls.
- Ensure consistency and quality of services delivery with global sustainability programs and services under the direction of the Director.
- Report revenues on a monthly basis and review and approve invoices.
- Support the Director in business development and marketing activities such as; brochures, website content, deliver webinars and facilitate client meetings on energy and natural resources industries related projects.
- Motivated and able to work independently, while aligning with broader Business Line growth plans.
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, or similar.
- Approximately 5-8 years' experience in consulting and/or professional services within the sustainability industry.
- Experience with emissions accounting and verification.
- Experience working with emissions calculations and inventory, including; science-based targets, scenario analysis and uncertainty analysis.
- Experience collecting data and developing reporting for frameworks such as GRI, SASB and TCFD among others. Moreover, conducting verification against these and GHG emissions calculation methodologies.
- Experience managing 5 projects and clients concurrently.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Comfortable working remotely with a global team, attending conference calls outside of regular business hours and driving Business Line growth plans.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel less than 10% of the time within North America
- Master's degree in relevant discipline a plus
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in English and any other language
- Professional designation (e.g. LEED AP, Certified Energy Manager, etc.) are considered assets
- Experience with the renewable energy sector a plus
- Demonstrated use of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) software, such as SimaPro/GABi considered an asset.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website