Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
This Dynamic Outside Sales Position supports Intertek's Building Products Testing and Certification business in the south region of the U.S.A. This position encompasses direct sales activity focused on Business to Business relationships. We are looking for a driven sales person that is self motivated, with an entrepreneurial approach to their work.
- Sell Intertek's services within assigned vertical, account and territory through effective client research, prospecting and networking.
- Work with Sales Manager to define and develop territory to increase new and existing sales
- Spend approximately 30%- 50% outside interface with new and existing identified target clients.
- Meet with current and prospective customers via client presentations and participation at trade shows.
- Write and follow up on proposals, specify appropriate standards and pricing
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Meet all activity targets and log activity in to iConnect (CRM), as required.
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts, as required.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-5 year(s) prior successful sales experience preferred
- Business to business sales experience is preferred
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills.
- Must be energized and self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and proficiency with a sales CRM program.
- Ability to travel 30% - 50% of the time
- A valid driver's license
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and to perform all clerical functions inherit to the position.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website