Engineer - Electrical Safety
Intertek is searching for an Electrical Safety Engineer to join our Transportation Technology team in our Plymouth, Michigan office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Electrical Product Safety focusing on Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment!
The Electrical Safety Engineer is responsible for performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of client-provided or other national, international or industry-specific performance and durability standards or U.S., Canadian and other International product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients.
What you'll do:
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Read and understand client-provided or otherwise published performance or product safety standards.
- Read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics and manufacturing instructions.
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability.
- Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing.
- Follow established test plan.
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed.
- Conduct thorough construction review, or sample inspection as needed, document results.
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests may include but are not limited to: Temperature/Humidity soak or cycling, durability cycling, voltage and current measurement, dielectric testing, pressure testing, abnormal and fault condition simulation, rain/ dust ingress testing, corrosion testing.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience with Certification and Field Labeling preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters.
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate. Some regular local travel is expected to support Field Label projects
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website