Intertek is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services and is ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms. With more than a hundred offices across North America, the “Building and Construction” team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities from design to inspection, testing and certification.
The Building Science Solutions (BSS) Group within Intertek's Building and Construction is recruiting a Project Lead. The ideal candidate will have interest in building enclosure systems (such as wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements) with 0-5 years of experience in architecture, engineering, and/or construction. The position exposes you to the diverse process of design and construction ranging from in-office drafting/design to outdoor building envelope inspections and performance testing.
- Assist with/perform field performance testing and water leakage testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain walls, and other building elements
- Assist with design consulting and peer reviews of plans and specifications for building enclosures
- Assist with review of architectural drawings, shop drawings and submittals pertaining to the building enclosure
- Assist with construction administration services, including mock-up testing and shop drawing reviews, and conduct factory inspections and site visits
- Assist with/perform quality forensic investigations and documentation of existing conditions including wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements
- Assist with/perform quality control site inspections to verify conformance of installed assemblies such as wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements with construction documents, industry standards and shop drawings
- Assist with remediation design of building enclosures
- Prepare professionally written technical reports
- Prepare sketches and details using AutoCAD
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Architectural Engineering preferred
- 0 to 5 years of industry experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of building construction
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Must be detail-oriented
- Field experience or strong interest in working onsite
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, crawl, reach overhead, push, pull or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds, swing stage, roofs, etc.
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- The ability to quickly learn and enforce standardizations in the construction realm
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate professionally with clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers, both in writing and orally.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to travel outside of local area or state, depending on local workload and project locations
- Must have a valid driver's license, a personal car and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Field experience with diverse building types.
- Investigation of existing walls for leaks and other performance issues.
- Familiarity with ASTM testing of exterior walls for air and water infiltration and mockup testing.
- Familiarity with AAMA test procedures and AAMA certification
- Safety Training/Scaffold Certification.
- Experience in difficult access/industrial rope access/rock climbing
- AutoCAD/Revit/BIM/Sketch-up proficiency
- Active in professional organization(s)
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website