PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our Building and Construction team in Houston, TX.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Project Geotechnical Engineer will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing Geotechnical projects in the Houston area.
- Determination of geotechnical subsurface materials in order to prepare geotechnical reports
- Review and supervise field and laboratory work
- Perform geotechnical calculations for various applications
- Geotechnical proposal preparation
- Project management and billing
- Review and implementation of project specifications and contracts
- Interface with clients
- BS in Civil Engineering is required (MS in Civil/Geotechnical highly preferred)
- 5+ years of geotechnical engineering experience
- P.E. is required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Ability to mentor and supervise junior and staff engineers
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.LI-SL
Apply on company website