This position is responsible for managing various type of projects such as plumbing, hearth, fenestration, to name a few. The candidate would need to schedule the testing, write technical reports, follow up with the reviewers, and submit Listing reports to the certification department in a timely manner.
On a weekly basis, the candidate will keep track of opened projects, and ascertain they are attributed to the proper personnel on the team and follow up with staff to keep track of progress and be able to report and optimize performance.
Once a project is complete, the candidate will communicate with client to confirm how the samples will be handled (either return to client or destroyed).
Upon completion of a project, the candidate will update EPF (Electronic Project Folder) with the proper documents to maintain the database. They will forward the EPF to staff for completion of documentation and review.
This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
· Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
· Provide exceptional customer service
· Conduct various tests following ASTM, CSA, and ULC test methods in fenestration, plumbing and gas streams
· Prepare technical reports under minimal direction from senior engineer staff
· Generate technical reports from raw data
· Prepare reports by collecting information
· Provide historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems
· Maintain reports using existing web-based software
· Work with the Quality team to ensure all the records are following the quality system
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Perform other work as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· College Diploma, or Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
· Technical degree preferred
· 2+ years directly related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Expertise with the MS Office suite
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong communication skills – both written and oral
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Must be self-motivated and detail oriented
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Able to compose and communicate in French and English
Apply on company website