- General Description of Responsibilities
- Through guidance provided by the Laboratory Manager, and in a safe, legal and ethical manner, the Laboratory Technician performs duties to support analytical testing for the company and its clients and to maintain associated records, thus supporting the goal of providing a service to our clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Receives, examines and records through a login process, inbound samples for testing.
- Delivers test samples to the sample staging area.
- Monitors the availability of supplies needed for testing processes, and makes any needs for such supplies known to the Laboratory Manager.
- Prepares samples and quality control specimens, prepares and standardizes reagents and solutions, and calibrates equipment needed for the testing processes.
- Performs testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology.
- Verifies and communicates results obtained, and makes appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic, required, assuring the validity and traceability of the information.
- Maintains documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
- Assists in the training of less experienced employees.
- Carries out all of the above responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Company's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- Other duties related to the above, as assigned
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- High school education or equivalent.
- Testing experience or formal physic or mechanical education is an advantage.
- Core Competencies
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at mathematics.
- Ability to perform analytical tasks.
- Manual skill with tools and power tools.
- Protocol, procedure and safety oriented.
- Value Added Competencies
- Organized with time management skills.
- Experience in handling chemical and petroleum products.
- High tolerance for job pressure.
- An ability to work and communicate with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
*Change History details from prior revisions are available upon request from the America's Quality and Compliance Manager.
Apply on company website