Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC(Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Lab Manager to join our Caleb Brett team in Cincinnati, OH.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world's petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
The Lab Manager will support the Caleb Brett business by managing the local team. We're looking for someone that has several years of experience in the ATIC business, with previous experience as an lab manager in the local area.
- Quality Management
- Safety and Health
- Environmental Compliance
- Legal and Ethical Compliance
- Ensure that, in carrying out the above responsibilities, the branch turns a fair and reasonable profit for the company.
- Manage the branch testing, and administration activities.
- Maintain high standards of customer relations and service.
- Recommend hiring and dismissal, evaluate employee performance, and maintain discipline in a uniform and consistent manner
- Prepare lab control operating costs.
- Seek new business
- Prepare and submit reports to upper management
- Be a positive company representative to clients
- Set a positive example for all employees through professional behavior and maintenance of a professional atmosphere in the workplace.
- Degree in Chemistry.
- 8 years laboratory experience preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Applications including PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Self-Starter with Excellent Communication, Organizational, Interpersonal, Time Management, and Selling Skills
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender , national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website