Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
We are seeking a Field Engineer to join our team. The Field Engineer is responsible for performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other international product safety standards, writing reports, and communicating with clients. Under the guidance of a more senior Engineer, they may also conduct on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
This will be a full-time position located at our office in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Work in parallel with engineers and technicians to learn and apply non-destructive testing methods (e.g., hardness and ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle and dye penetrant examination techniques, etc.) and metallographic replication and sample preparation.
- Work at job sites located in or outside of the U.S.
- Document technical reports and record and organize field data.
- Be able to take instructions from remote engineering groups and read isometrics and schematics.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Metallurgical Engineering or another technical field with demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Must be mechanically inclined, a problem solver, detail oriented, a fast learner, and possess a positive attitude.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time within the U.S. and internationally, mostly during the spring and fall seasons.
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing techniques is desired.
- Experience in power plant generating stations or understanding of power boilers, pressure vessels, power piping, turbines, and related critical components is preferred.
- Be able to take initiative and supervise field crews after gaining necessary experience.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills in order to maintain good client relationship and to assist field crew and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of computer spreadsheet usage and photographic techniques is desirable.
- PE license or EIT certificate are a plus.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website