Req ID: 34241
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Senior Revenue Accountant
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will lead the corporate and operational accounting objectives. You will drive an accurate and timely accounting close process. You will work closely with the Operations and Finance departments to identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiencies though automation and enhanced workflows while ensuring strong internal controls.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Execute the quarterly and annual accounting closing processes
- Put your technical skills to use by understanding and completing ASC 606 multiple performance obligation revenue recognition models
- Demonstrate your leadership by owning the accounting process for customer contracts; including technical accounting analysis, invoicing, analytical procedures and support of the Sales Team
- Showcase your analytical skills by preparing and leading monthly revenue reviews with your peers by investigating actual results and working with FP&A and Accounting teams to identify budget variances
- Support and enhance the quality of our financial statements by preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries
- Demonstrate your process improvement skills by developing and implementing business process improvement initiatives around month-end close, accounting processes and procedures, and financial analysis
- Help protect the Company's assets by ensuring adequate internal controls are in place and functioning properly
- Partner with the accounting leadership to ensure robust and timely financial reviews, support internal and external audits, including preparation of work papers and other documentation as required
Can you drive these processes?
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for aspects of corporate and operational accounting. The role will also be expected to assist with understanding and interpreting technical accounting, implement revenue process improvements, and assist with various aspects of the billing/revenue systems.
You should definitely have:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Possess leadership ability and the capacity for self-direction
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP; experience handling complex accounting matters and demonstrating competency in US GAAP, current accounting regulations and internal controls
- Experience in evaluating and streamlining processes and systems, developing and implementing policies and procedures to achieve operational efficiencies
- Effective problem solving; methodical, detail-oriented and analytical approach to issue resolution
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements, be a self-starter, and effectively interact and communicate across multiple organizations/functions
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication and messaging skills
- Be comfortable using computers and software including, but not limited to, accounting and management information systems, spreadsheets and databases
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills required
It would be nice if you had:
- Public Accounting and SOX experience
- Experience in a multi-divisional, multi-location and multi-currency high-growth environment
- Experience with billing systems/revenue processes
- Experience with revenue recognition technical literature and interpretation
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded
- Candidates must be a US Citizen.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website