Req ID: 33722
Travel: Less than 10%
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
In the Aircraft Technical Services (ATS) department, we manage the integration and installation of Intelsat Inflight systems onboard multiple commercial aircraft types.
As an ATS Project Engineer, you will lead talented technical teams on multiple projects through all phases of the engineering lifecycle, including proposal development, project plans and budgets, resource allocation, deliverable tracking, risk/issue management, etc.
You should have a genuine desire to drive an increase in consistency and collaboration within the ATS teams and between ATS and other Intelsat departments.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Support project proposal development and review plans to identify technical approach, timeframe, funding and resource requirements, and processes for accomplishment.
- Coordinate multiple cross-functional teams and vendors through the design, substantiation, and certification of Intelsat Inflight systems and components onboard multiple commercial aircraft types.
- Keep programs on track by holding regular integrated project team (IPT) meetings to review and update project schedule and delivery status, risks and issues, actions, and resources. Assure early problem identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Assess factors contributing to project success or failure and make recommendations for future improvements or changes. Research lessons learned, best practices, risk assessments, and trends as a foundation for new baseline plans.
Can you drive these processes?
- Ensure all project plans and sites are kept up to date with respect to scope, deliverables progress and scheduling, budget status, and resource allocation by adhering to defined ATS playbook processes, procedures, and applications.
- Provide timely reports to management to ensure an understanding of project status and performance. Prepare interim and completion project reports.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities across departmental teams.
You should definitely have:
- 2-4+ years of experience in an engineering or certification environment
- Demonstrable proficiency in MS Project and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Great communication skills with all levels of employees, both internal and external customers, including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Ability to travel occasionally, including internationally, 5-10%
It would be nice if you had:
- BS Engineering degree in a relevant field
- Commercial aircraft certification, structural, and/or electrical engineering experience
- Project management experience in a technical environment
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Extensive practical knowledge of project management theory, concepts and principles (e.g., theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, triple constraints, project scope management, project management lifecycle, etc.)
- Prior experience with Configuration Management (CM), preferably Agile, as well as Smart Sheet, Share Point, and Project Web Access (PWA) applications.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy, Metra and L-friendly environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website