Req ID: 31601
Travel: Less than 20%
London, LND, GB, W4 5YF
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Principal Engineer, Business Solutions
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You should have a passion for excellence, a creative mindset and good collaboration skills. You will apply system level solution engineering to provide pre- and post-sales consultancy to internal and external teams. You will assist engineers to identify customer needs and design innovative technical and operational solutions adapted both to these needs and the perceived risks - to add value and drive revenue.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you up to the challenge?
- Provide high-level technical support to Intelsat Business Units (BU), coordinating between product management and engineering, operations and program management groups to design and deliver standard and non-standard solutions
- Collaborate with BU product teams to drive innovation and technical development to enhance Intelsat's Managed Services
- Build and communicate innovative proposals and value messaging around Intelsat solutions and service offerings across target market applications
- Act as the technical liaison by coordinating activities across departments and demonstrating teamwork via effective collaboration with other stakeholder groups
- Provide system-level engineering support to regional Sales Engineering teams and support complex, leading-edge network analysis and solution design
- Support business cases, justifications, proposals and/or recommendations. Communicate effectively to key stakeholders and /or decision makers
- Be part of an energetic, focused, multi-skilled team with broad scope of work and engagement across Intelsat
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Communications Engineering, Physics, Math or equivalent
- At least five years of recent, relevant, professional experience
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- A thorough understanding of the cost drivers of hybrid satellite/ground solutions
- Good understanding of satellite operations, satellite design & manufacturing, communications operations and the sales process
- Good understanding of satellite infrastructure and operations, communications system architecture, VSAT platform technology, network traffic and sizing models
- Knowledge of digital satellite network architectures; distribution technologies, Enterprise & Mobility services, end-user applications
- IP networking knowledge
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to pro-actively engage with other departments
- Demonstrable negotiation skills focused on collaborative win-win solutions
- Ability to make optimal decisions working with diverse internal and external customers under real time conditions
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the telecoms landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website