Req ID: 31430
Travel: Less than 10%
McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is driving marketplace transformation and generating a technological evolution! Many new services, products, programs, practices and tools are being developed every day! To be a part of the excitement, you must be someone who can thrive in a dynamic environment, while also possessing a naturally positive outlook, disciplined work ethic and top-notch skills in your profession!
You will work among some of the sharpest minds on the planet, including Engineers, Space Technologists, Solutions Architects and Business Professionals like yourself! You will be a part of deploying the world's most expansive and advanced satellite technology ever achieved, while working among the people who define our success and are our greatest assets!
Are you up to the challenge?
The Infrastructure Program Manager who joins our team will be responsible for leading and structuring the implementation of a large portfolio of complex technology initiatives which support our customers and our business. Our Program Managers have command of multiple program work streams, from the initial stages of projects, where they will capture the key objectives of the mission, conduct thorough discoveries, lead resources throughout execution, through building and applying comprehensive plans to deliver our end solutions.
This role is primarily focused around:
- Leadership coordination of multiple ground infrastructure and network communications implementations supporting our global customers and business needs.
- Manage a portfolio of projects that involve engineering design, construction and testing of commercial satellite antennas, terrestrial ground station teleports required for satellite communications, networks that support satellite spacecraft launches, control, telemetry and in-orbit maintenance as well as future expansion of our Globalized Network.
- Apply expert level Project Management skills and processes, including development and management of comprehensive and complex project plans, budgets, resources and dynamic scopes and deliverables.
- Serve in a leading role or as a key contributor of network engineering projects and new designs, that support a variety of operational objectives, such as deploying new technology platforms or upgrades of infrastructure, to support advanced communications services.
- Bring thought-leadership, ingenuity and a “can-do” attitude that contribute to the overall culture and to our complex initiatives!
- Deliver on original, custom solutions and products, that are new approaches and technologies in the communications industry!
- Consistently demonstrate an ability to thrive and deliver excellence in executing on initiatives amid uncertainty and rapid change.
Can you drive these processes?
To join our team of Program Management experts, you will need to:
- Be a person who takes charge and can successfully lead others in a positive direction, towards a shared goal~
- Be able to pull together numerous aspects of a proposed solution, to create a cohesive and organized plan, motivate resources to execute on that plan, and drive the plan through to its final and committed completion~
- Be comfortable and capable managing projects that may have unknowns, ambiguity and uncertainty, which you can sensibly define, structure and convey to others in a clear and organized manner
- Possess the technical depth and proficiency to contribute your ideas, offer logic and challenge convention, when managing complex and creative project solutions
- Be able to adapt to changes rapidly, work fast, accurately and under pressure in a dynamic and bustling environment
- Maintain your professional composure and a delightful disposition supporting both your internal and external customers and suppliers
- Demonstrate your ability to have ownership of your projects, holding others accountable with respect and consideration, while also pushing them to deliver on their responsibilities
- Anticipate and clearly articulate risks, opportunities, implications and options, as well as offer sound judgement and recommendations for mitigating program impacting events
- Have a proven track record for handling difficult situations or persons, in a manner that is firm and constructive, yet collaborative and professional; Must have genuine nature of conveying decorum and diplomacy
- Demonstrate the ability to produce articulate and proficient written documentation, including correspondences, presentations, illustrations and reference materials
You should definitely have:
- Minimum 5 Years of professional Program Management experience of large, complex network communications initiatives.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience commensurate with the responsibilities of this role.
- Significant experience in conducting discoveries, defining scope, constructing a sound plan and overseeing the successful deployment of large-scale network, platform, construction or infrastructure projects.
- Proven competencies in managing matrix resources and holding others accountable are key to the success of this role.
- Well-tuned verbal and written communication skills to distill the essence of a complex situation and facilitate or otherwise obtain, decisions that keep the project moving forward.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Word, as well as other applications, such as SharePoint 365, Acrobat, ServiceNow and Remedy.
- Verifiable experience in Program and Project Management methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Documented examples of portfolios managed in previous roles. Must include specifics regarding your experience in managing resources, schedules, budgets, customer expectations and broadly scoped initiatives
It would be nice if you had:
- Previous experience managing a department and/or supervising employees is a plus
- Experience working with multinational customers and vendors is preferred
- Creative expertise that goes beyond mechanical project management practices
- Certified Project Management credentials preferred, but not required
- Examples of personal and professional innovation and creativity endeavors
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the even the most remote places in the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new services offerings and solutions that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you must be a bold thinker who will have a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come!
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement and training
- Fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply on company website