Req ID: 33946
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Advanced degree (e.g. Master's)
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future: This individual will be the overall infrastructure network engineer for Intelsat Inflight's data centers, worldwide teleports and support labs. This individual will part of the team responsible for the design and implementation of the Gogo's Global IP Infrastructure. As a network engineer at Intelsat Inflight you will lead projects as well as assist on many team projects that will challenge your skills with routing, switching, security, VoIP and multi-media services as well as inflight entertainment. This position will work with all vendor relations as our business continues to expand.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Coordinate with other teams the decommissioning of legacy hardware to free up our current data center footprints.
- Work with system design and network operations folks for existing data expansion, consolidation and relocation
- Assist with the build out of our international teleports.
- Assist with the management of all vendor relations and contracts both domestic and International
- Assist with network facilities growth 5-year planning and roadmap
- Assist with the budgetary requirements for the existing and future facilities based on business forecast.
- Assist with the decommissioning of legacy hardware to free up our current data center footprints.
- Operational hand off for new equipment/facilities and integration to existing monitoring systems.
- Work with system design and network operations folks to get the requirements for each equipment type.
- Contact potential vendors to get their equipment specs, list prices and other vendor information.
- Assist with the development of floor plan layout for the data center.
- Develop equipment Purchase Orders and track orders for data center related equipment.
- Partner with network operations to coordinate the delivery, installation, testing and commissioning of DSC related equipment.
- Keep equipment inventory up to date and continue to track POs, goods received, invoices and payments to make sure we don't fall behind in our payment obligations.
Can you drive these processes?
- Familiar with hardware return of material assets processes
- The individual should be able to provide options for existing data expansion, consolidation and relocation.
You should definitely have:
- Thorough understanding of data center environments.
- Assist with the build out of our international teleports.
- Racking various types of network and server equipment
- Cage cable management experience
It would be nice if you had:
- 7-10 years' experience working in large complex dater center environments
- Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIPv2, MPLS, PBR, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
- Experience with large complex switching topologies including Cisco Nexus.
- Experience with dual homing service providers and ISP redundancy
- Experience working with Cisco hardware including switches, routers, ASRs, ASA, FWSM, IPS, load balancers, Nexus
- Experience with hands on troubleshooting skills including packet level tracing, debugging and analysis.
- Experience with security protocols, TACACS, RADIUS, different flavors of VPN and remote access.
- Experience with Telco services, T1, DS3, SONET, OC3
- Data center design, redundancy and failover experience a plus
- VoIP experience a plus; Asterisk, Cisco CUCM, ACME packet SBCs.
- Experience with F5 load balancing and geographical load balancing a plus
- Valid Cisco Certifications required, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCIP or CCIE highly desirable.
- Telecommunications Transport (T1, DSL, Microwave, OC-12, Etc.) as it applies to entry into the data center.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website